PingChat

TootNBerry

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Wondering if anybody else gave this a try claims to be like BBM and will let Android and iphone, blackberry users converse with each other..

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It works. I asked a buddy to install it on his BB and we briefly "chatted" on Friday.

The interface is horrible with no user customization.

The bubbles are a waste of space, not to mention very ten year old-ish looking.

After about ten minutes of complaining about it we both agreed to uninstall.

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
It works on my Incredible and does allow users from all of the platforms to talk, but not that thrilled with it yet... It's still in Beta though...

melwan

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
It works. and the iPhone version is the most polished one I believe. Other platforms should be catching up soon enough.

I still prefer good ol' IMs though.

Nebilim

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
ebuddy lets you chat with people on aim, yahoo, msn etc...pingchat lets you chat with people with iphone ipod, blackberry and android. kinda different but then again you can chat with those people via text

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
A member here (thekarens) brought it to my attention. It's a good free app but I also use pMessenger which uses a "PIN" like BBM.

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
you can register your phone number too so your friends with pingchat! can easily add you without the "username" swapping. I like ping! it works well with my other iphone friends.

JTDavis86

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
ebuddy lets you chat with people on aim, yahoo, msn etc...pingchat lets you chat with people with iphone ipod, blackberry and android. kinda different but then again you can chat with those people via text

Oh I see, I may have to download that. Thanks for the Info!

Downrange

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
The biggest thing about Pingchat is GROUP CHAT! Myself and a few friends from my lodge have this installed on our phones and it works great.

EeZeEpEe

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
The biggest thing about Pingchat is GROUP CHAT! Myself and a few friends from my lodge have this installed on our phones and it works great.

Yup. That's I've been using it a lot for. Much easier to communicate with everyone instead of individual text messages.

AbeFrohman

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
The group chat is it's best feature as of now for me.

There's currently no LED notification option (but the developer did respond to my email inquiry and said it's expected in an update in the near future).

It also needs an unread message indicator on the icon.

I've had a few issues with messages being delayed - sometimes for quite some period of time. Don't know if it was a network or app issue, but it's happened more than once. I know it's beta and it looks like it has great potential to be a BBM replacement, but it needs some tweaks.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Definitely a great BBM replacement, even with the bugs and occasional delays (which BBM wasn't immune from either, to be honest). I would like to see more options in the future to customize the look and feel a bit more, but that's no dealbreaker for me right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool