Wondering if anybody else gave this a try claims to be like BBM and will let Android and iphone, blackberry users converse with each other..
    08-30-2010 07:18 PM
    It works. I asked a buddy to install it on his BB and we briefly "chatted" on Friday.

The interface is horrible with no user customization.

The bubbles are a waste of space, not to mention very ten year old-ish looking.

After about ten minutes of complaining about it we both agreed to uninstall.
    08-30-2010 08:07 PM
    This app has never worked for me, uninstalled.
    Droid Incredible

Sent from my DROID INCREDIBLE using Tapatalk
    08-30-2010 08:37 PM
    It works on my Incredible and does allow users from all of the platforms to talk, but not that thrilled with it yet... It's still in Beta though...
    08-30-2010 09:33 PM
    It works. and the iPhone version is the most polished one I believe. Other platforms should be catching up soon enough.

I still prefer good ol' IMs though.
    08-30-2010 10:23 PM
    never liked it. ill stick with ebuddy for now
    08-31-2010 10:00 AM
    never liked it. ill stick with ebuddy for now
    What's the difference between pingchat and ebuddy?

Sent from my DROID INCREDIBLE using Tapatalk
    08-31-2010 10:06 AM
    ebuddy lets you chat with people on aim, yahoo, msn etc...pingchat lets you chat with people with iphone ipod, blackberry and android. kinda different but then again you can chat with those people via text
    08-31-2010 10:09 AM
    A member here (thekarens) brought it to my attention. It's a good free app but I also use pMessenger which uses a "PIN" like BBM.
    08-31-2010 10:36 AM
    you can register your phone number too so your friends with pingchat! can easily add you without the "username" swapping. I like ping! it works well with my other iphone friends.
    08-31-2010 10:53 AM
    ebuddy lets you chat with people on aim, yahoo, msn etc...pingchat lets you chat with people with iphone ipod, blackberry and android. kinda different but then again you can chat with those people via text
    Oh I see, I may have to download that. Thanks for the Info!
    08-31-2010 01:32 PM
    The biggest thing about Pingchat is GROUP CHAT! Myself and a few friends from my lodge have this installed on our phones and it works great.
    09-01-2010 04:34 PM
    The biggest thing about Pingchat is GROUP CHAT! Myself and a few friends from my lodge have this installed on our phones and it works great.
    Yup. That's I've been using it a lot for. Much easier to communicate with everyone instead of individual text messages.
    09-01-2010 05:20 PM
    The group chat is it's best feature as of now for me.

There's currently no LED notification option (but the developer did respond to my email inquiry and said it's expected in an update in the near future).

It also needs an unread message indicator on the icon.

I've had a few issues with messages being delayed - sometimes for quite some period of time. Don't know if it was a network or app issue, but it's happened more than once. I know it's beta and it looks like it has great potential to be a BBM replacement, but it needs some tweaks.
    09-01-2010 05:39 PM
    Well if anyone wants to add me feel free noone in mine yet..

id: kc2kuy
    12-01-2010 08:31 AM
    Definitely a great BBM replacement, even with the bugs and occasional delays (which BBM wasn't immune from either, to be honest). I would like to see more options in the future to customize the look and feel a bit more, but that's no dealbreaker for me right now.
    12-01-2010 08:34 AM
    anyone else?
    12-25-2010 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD