Weatherbug Elite Upgrade

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Just curious as to anyone's thoughts that use Weatherbug Elite... Are the features worth the upgrade cost? What features do they have and how does everyone like them?

jshaffer75

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Personally I don't really use the extra features. Has a few more widget options like a map but I just use the 1 x 1 widget with the temp and conditions. I mostly like it because its ad free. Prob not much help but those are my thoughts on it.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm not 100% sure what all the differences are. I installed the free version just to check it out, but only gave it a cursory look through.

I think the elite version just is ad-free and has some extra widgets, and a couple layers like Wind Speed, Humidity, and Pressure. Also appears to add layers for Alert Boxes and Lightning strikes to the map, which are missing from the free version (i assume weather alerts will still show up in your notification bar for the free version though)

That being said, I bought the elite version because the ads bugged me and I like to see the lightning strikes around me when we get nasty storms.

johncihak

Banned
Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I use the forecast widget all the time. I have tried all the other apps for weather including beautiful widgets and keep coming back to WeatherBug.

katrina2475

Apr 12, 2010
ksanchez.scentsy.us
I think its worth it. I use the elite widget and like how it shows the next 3 days on it. I also use the windspeed info quite a bit because my husband fishes and likes to base where he is going to fish (on the boat) based on wind.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
The icon changes. OI also own Beautiful Weather and keep coming back to WeatherBug. I do wish there were some icon choices and wish I could change the blue interface on the app to say dark grey.

I also like to add a radar map when there is interesting weather and enlarge with Launcher Pro, pretty boring around here but watching a hurricane develop is interesting. I wish it used more frames, even with 'very high' I usually only get 4 frames of animation which is pretty lame for watching a hurricane.

Does the free version have video forecasts? I don't watch regular TV much so this is always nice for me. Not that it helps on a local level but I like it anyway.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I've used WeatherBug for a long time, even with my BlackBerries. Not only are there no ads (very annoying to have those), it has weather stations close to where I live. My home is in hilly terrain inland and most weather services have stations in the more populated areas along the ocean's coast. Around here, there is a MAJOR difference in the weather from one area to another. WeatherBug has been very accurate. Also, it makes sure alerts are pushed as they occur.

I now have the "elite" version on my X and it maintains it's outstanding track record for me. Excellent app.

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I haven't been back here to check on my own post in a timely manner... I completely forgot about it because I'm slowly going insane... But I digress... Thanks to everyone for the feedback! I know it's only $1.99, but for some reason, even spending 2 bucks on something I really didn't need seem to nag at me like a gnat...

easy1jay

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Definitely worth it. Figure how much you'll use it vs. the one-time cost.
Here's the WeatherBug Elite widget up top one of my home screens.

4947073947_cb5dfe5d82_z.jpg

Last edited:

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
The live radar wall paper is cool especially when nasty weather. And 1.99$ is less then a 42soda or cup of coffee

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463