I finally got root access so I can fully use MyBackup Pro to reinstall all the data along with apps, which is great. However, I am having an issue with Froyo and apps installed to the SD card. These apps were not restored after I flashed my ROM and selected to restore all files. It was a real pain because MyBackupPro did restore Appbrain and when I tried to use Appbrain to reinstall all my missing apps, it instead synced to my fresh install ;p.

Is there a way to properly restore apps + data + market links for apps installed to the SD card? Do I have to use Titanium backup for this? Thanks.
    08-30-2010 11:44 PM
    I finally got root access so I can fully use MyBackup Pro to reinstall all the data along with apps, which is great. However, I am having an issue with Froyo and apps installed to the SD card. These apps were not restored after I flashed my ROM and selected to restore all files. It was a real pain because MyBackupPro did restore Appbrain and when I tried to use Appbrain to reinstall all my missing apps, it instead synced to my fresh install ;p.

Is there a way to properly restore apps + data + market links for apps installed to the SD card? Do I have to use Titanium backup for this? Thanks.
    Do not use MyBackupPro to restore apps, it does not work properly. Your best bet is to use Titanium for this. This is the method I use. I only use MyBackupPro to restore data, ic: call logs, sms, mms, etc. Hope this helps.
    08-31-2010 07:02 AM
    I love backup pro. U might send them an email and ask them. I have all my apps and data backup and restored. I don't need to store apps on my SD since I have 8gb of space on my X.
    08-31-2010 08:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD