For all former BB/Socialscope lovers, I have great news. I just received an email from the Socialscope team asking me to be a tester for their Android app. Now the build isn't ready for distribution to testers yet, but should be in short order.

Here's to keeping fingers crossed that the beta is a go here in a few days. Will keep you guys updated. If any others have received an invite, by all means contribute to this thread, please!

I have missed Socialscope so much.. FAR & AWAY the best social app i've ever used.. and I've used most of 'em.
    08-31-2010 01:45 AM
    I received the same invite. The impression I get from the email I received was that they plan to make an android app eventually, but as of yet haven't even broken ground on it. If I recall correctly, it's a one or two man operation, so it'll probably be a rather long time before we see it. In the meantime, Tweetdeck fills the role quite well and is developing rapidly.
    08-31-2010 03:38 AM
    Was happy about the news but could be too late, TweetDeck 1.0.0 would be a beast by the time SocialScope will be ready
    08-31-2010 07:10 AM
    I received the email also, and I sent in my request for the android app, but I will NOT be holding my breath for that one.... geez, I remember it taking MONTHS just to get an invite on my blackberry, and others were very frustrated that they had waited even longer and received nothing, or were one of the original testers and new testers got the updated app while they waited with the old version. How stupid. Just for this very reason, I am reluctant to even install an android Socialscope app, too much drama I tell you....
    08-31-2010 08:16 AM
    I got the invite also. And honestly, I don't care how long it takes. Socialscope is the ONE app I miss the most.

OT, but does tweetdeck have facebook integration like socialscope?
    08-31-2010 08:49 AM
    I miss SocialScope very much! I hope I get the invite to test it as well.
    08-31-2010 09:20 AM
    I got the email last nite as well.
    08-31-2010 09:21 AM
    Just double checked and I got my email as well. I'm more excited for this than I was for the TweetDeck for Android release.
    08-31-2010 09:29 AM
    I remember SocialScope!!!!! I miss that app sometimes and used it for a while when I had my BB. Let us know how it goes.
    08-31-2010 09:55 AM
    ;
    I received the same invite. The impression I get from the email I received was that they plan to make an android app eventually, but as of yet haven't even broken ground on it. If I recall correctly, it's a one or two man operation, so it'll probably be a rather long time before we see it. In the meantime, Tweetdeck fills the role quite well and is developing rapidly.
    I agree that it took FOREVER for some invites to roll out on Blackberry. I know some people that waited close to a year for one.

However, that seems to have changed of late. I've been following them on Twitter for months and they've been rolling out invites en masses lately.. Besides, I was one of the "lucky ones" and got mine and couples of days after request..

I'm not really holding my breath, but am hopeful. I'm still using FriendStream cause I just did care for Tweetdeck much. We'll see how it goes!
    08-31-2010 12:21 PM
    I got the invite also. And honestly, I don't care how long it takes. Socialscope is the ONE app I miss the most.

OT, but does tweetdeck have facebook integration like socialscope?
    Yeah Tweetdeck has twitter, facebook, foursquare and google buzz integrated into the one app. It is really coming along. I recommend giving it a whirl!
    08-31-2010 05:37 PM
    tweetdeck is a nice fix for the time being but i have found i have to keep going to accounts and clicking on the fackbook account and let it re-initialize before my posts will post to it, but then again i fully close it to save on batt comsumption too. good app overall. foursquare integration not so good though ill stick to the foursquare app, for now.
    09-01-2010 01:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD