Can you send apps from Huawei Ascend Y300 to Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 via sd card?

Carly0031

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
When it comes to smartphones I am a newbie and a dummy.
My husband got his phone (Huawei Ascend Y300) month ago. He installed whatsapp and is now happily chatting away with family members and friends using voice-to-text. He wanted me to be part of the fun and surprised me with a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2. I set it up and installed whatsapp. "Lucky me" got the new version released Sep.18. It is the "upgraded" whatsapp that uses voice message.:'(
That is not hat I wanted!! When I want to hear peoples voices I CALL them instead of using whatsapp.

My question now is, if my husband now can send HIS version of whatsapp (the better one as far as I am concerned) to his micro sd card? Then I put his sd into MY phone and then send the app to my home screen?
Is that possible?

Thanks in advance for helpfull answers.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! No, you can't install an app that way. I don't use WhatsApp, but I have to believe that there must be a setting that allows you to use voice-to-text on the current version. I'm sure there's someone else on this forum who can give you more information on that.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
When it comes to smartphones I am a newbie and a dummy.
My husband got his phone (Huawei Ascend Y300) month ago. He installed whatsapp and is now happily chatting away with family members and friends using voice-to-text. He wanted me to be part of the fun and surprised me with a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2. I set it up and installed whatsapp. "Lucky me" got the new version released Sep.18. It is the "upgraded" whatsapp that uses voice message.:'(
That is not hat I wanted!! When I want to hear peoples voices I CALL them instead of using whatsapp.

My question now is, if my husband now can send HIS version of whatsapp (the better one as far as I am concerned) to his micro sd card? Then I put his sd into MY phone and then send the app to my home screen?
Is that possible?

Thanks in advance for helpfull answers.

Welcome to the forums!
Open the app and hit the menu key. There should be settings in there somewhere. Try that.

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar