Weather Channel App Question

jtb79

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Hope i'm in the right spot. I just came back to android and installed the Weather Channel app. I can't figure out how to keep it from popping the temp up in the notification tray and i'm worried about it constantly using data and eventually eating into my plan. I tried going into setting to disable that particular function but had no luck finding it. Any help would be appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Open the app and explore its settings. There is probably a Notifications setting, as well as a data refresh interval setting.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Never mind, I just tried it out myself. There is no setting for you to remove it from the Notifications. I hate it when developers do that, and typically uninstall apps that don't give me that kind of control.

You could go to Settings/Apps/Downloaded, select The Weather Channel (under the T's, not W's), and uncheck the Notifications box. That'll get rid of it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sure, no problem! It's worth pointing out, though, that removing it from the Notifications bar might not necessarily reduce any potential battery usage, because it is probably still refreshing in the background. Unfortunately, I didn't see any settings to adjust refresh interval. If you notice a significant battery drain, you should consider uninstalling The Weather Channel and seeing if that was the cause.