Not seeing Google Voice update

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I would like to get the latest update to Google Voice which allows for outbound texts to short codes. I see the updated change log, but the app page says Open, as if the latest update is installed, which is not. Is there a way to manually "reset" the updates available list and force GP to look for updates again?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That usually means the update is almost available to you. Sometimes, if you go back to the Updates screen, and then tap the app again, it will suddenly show the Update button.

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
That usually means the update is almost available to you. Sometimes, if you go back to the Updates screen, and then tap the app again, it will suddenly show the Update button.

Thanks for the reply. I've actually done what you're suggesting, but I'm not seeing the update. Moreover, if the new version number listed on the description page is the latest, I apparently have it already (but can't send texts to short codes.) So I'm a bit confused.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If the app page doesn't have the Update button, then the version that's listed is not the new update.

What if you go to your My Apps list and tap "Update All," instead of trying to Update from the app's page itself?

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
If the app page doesn't have the Update button, then the version that's listed is not the new update.

What if you go to your My Apps list and tap "Update All," instead of trying to Update from the app's page itself?

That would be soo much work :( I have a few apps on that list that I don't want to update. I'd have to back up the current apk files and then do uninstalls/re-installs to even attempt this!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, then, it's the waiting game! In my experience, if I see the app pop up in the Updates list, but it doesn't have the Update button on the app page, it usually becomes available within 24 hrs.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
All Google apps these days are done with staged rollouts meaning all don't get the update at once.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm