Notifications question (Twitter)

the_tate

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Hello all! I just transitioned over from a Pre to a Sprint Hero on Saturday and I'm trying to figure out how everything works on Android. I have a pretty good grasp of most stuff so far but there's one thing I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me with - notifications. Specifically, twitter notifications.

I'm using the Seesmic app (great app - makes me hardly miss the paid Tweed app I loved so much on the Pre) and I got rid of the Twitter widget on my home screen. The thing is, if I reboot my phone, I won't receive Twitter updates until I actually start up Seesmic. Once I do that, then I'll start getting tweet notifications normally. If I reboot again though, the same thing happens; I have to manually start Seesmic and then everything updates normally from there on out. Seesmic is configured to check for updates every five minutes but what I'm complaining about makes sense if the program isn't capable of opening a session on its own when the phone reboots. I'm just wondering if there's a way to add Seesmic to some sort of automated start up list, or am I stuck opening the app manually every time I reboot? Incidentally, when I was using Peep and the Twitter widget, I also wasn't getting tweet notifications after a reboot until I either opened Peep or scrolled over to the Twitter widget page on my home screen. Once I did either of those I'd get updates on tweets that were 30+ minutes old.

I'm really loving the Hero and Android in general. This is the only real "problem" I've encountered so far, so I'm definitely not regretting the decision to sell my Pre!

Thanks in advance guys.

- Tate

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Welcome to the forums and Android! To answer your question the option to start on boot up would have to be built into the app. If you use Twidroid for example there is a option for what you are looking for.

the_tate

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the forums and Android! To answer your question the option to start on boot up would have to be built into the app. If you use Twidroid for example there is a option for what you are looking for.

I like the UI of Seesmic better than Twidroid but man oh man, Twidroid has so many more options... including EXACTLY what I was looking for in terms of start up and notifications. Thank you for the warm welcome and the excellent advice!

- Tate

barkerja

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
I too think Seesmic has a better looking UI but I've been forcing myself to use Twidroid and I'm really beginning to like it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair