Hey guys ive been lurking around for a while now and decided to finally join i am new to the whole droid thing so im still trying to figure out some stuff. I actually dont get my phone for a bit yet....stupid backorder. Anyways I'm coming over from the PRE as i had too many issues with the damn keyboard on it. But what im looking for if you are familiar with any of the PRE apps its called "Where" kind of an all around search app for gas stations and restaurants and yellow book phone numbers. I was in VZW a day ago and the guy showed me an app that did some things like that but i cant remember the name to save my life right now do any of you know an app like that for the droid?
    08-31-2010 07:23 PM
    There's a similar app on Android called Where

There are actually a ton out there, Places may be what he showed you.
    08-31-2010 07:49 PM
    Could be Poynt too.
    08-31-2010 07:54 PM
    I think poynt works better then where, but really once you use google maps you will get places which works extremely well.
    08-31-2010 09:16 PM
    yeah i just came across where i know i didnt really like it on the PRE now that you mention the app places that sounds like thats what it was that he had showed me. Thanks for the help.

Edit: Who makes the application "places" id like to look at it a little bit but cant really find it on the net.
    08-31-2010 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD