Backup Apps

rcalderaro

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
First, my phone is not rooted. I installed Helium last night on my phone and the desktop version on my laptop. I also installed the drivers that the site said I had to. No matter what I tried, I could not get passed the screen on my phone that said to install the desktop version and the screen on my laptop that said to connect my phone using a USB cable. After over an hour of playing around, I finally uninstalled both. Anyway, my question is if I buy Helium Premium, do I still need to install the desktop software on my laptop?

I have also been looking at G Cloud Backup. Anyone know how good this is?

I have an HTC One on AT&T.

Thanks so much. All I want is just to back up my phone in case something happens. I didn't think it would be this hard and time consuming to do.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Really you don't need to install the desktop version. I only have Helium on my device, then using a good file explorer like ES File Explorer go into your internal storage (sdcard) and find a folder called Carbon. Just copy that folder over or in my case I " zipped " the folder and placed it on my Drop Box for safe keeping. Quick, painless and covered.

rcalderaro

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Really you don't need to install the desktop version. I only have Helium on my device, then using a good file explorer like ES File Explorer go into your internal storage (sdcard) and find a folder called Carbon. Just copy that folder over or in my case I " zipped " the folder and placed it on my Drop Box for safe keeping. Quick, painless and covered.

Thanks for the response, but since I can't get Helium to back anything up, my Carbon folder is empty. So how would copying that folder do me any good? Everytime I start Helium,
it tells me to install the desktop version to complete the process to back things up. Now I'm sorry I spent the money yesterday on the Premium version when it's not doing me any good.
I want to backup to the cloud and not my PC.

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I want to backup to the cloud and not my PC.

Here is my suggestion.

Download AppMonster and back up your apps. Don?t worry you don?t have an SD card, the apps will be saved in a folder called ?appmonster2?. Zip it, then upload the zipped file to Dropbox or whatever cloud storage you?re using (be warned, it takes a while!)

Hope this helps.

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Glad I could be of help.

I can't be a**** hooking my phone up to my PC and moving stuff around (always afraid I'll click the wrong thing and screw my phone up! lol).I back all my apps to my SD card (appreciate you don't have one), then zip them and upload to Dropbox and Drive for (hopefully!) double security. I do this on every update of each individual app in case I don't like it or it causes problems, so at least I've got a back up of the previous version/s to install.

Anyway, all the best!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89