I found an app called Camera Starter on Google Play, it's purpose is quite nifty. It quickly lists all the cameras on your device, so you can choose which you want to use all in one place. Problem is, it won't list my camera apps that I downloaded outside of Google Play. Is there another app similar to Camera Starter?
    10-20-2013 03:53 PM
    I found an app called Camera Starter on Google Play, it's purpose is quite nifty. It quickly lists all the cameras on your device, so you can choose which you want to use all in one place. Problem is, it won't list my camera apps that I downloaded outside of Google Play. Is there another app similar to Camera Starter?
    Welcome to the forums.
    I am afraid I don't quite understand something. You can't download this particular app on Play? If you found it on your PC but not your phone, that is because your phone automatically filters apps you can't use out.
    10-26-2013 11:27 PM
    Nope, I downloaded the app on SlideMe (an alternative app market). Some apps that get banned from Play for breaking policy rules go to SlideMe, due to lack of restrictions. There's other reasons for alternative app markets too.
    So the camera app I installed is compatible with my phone. It's from SlideMe and isn't available on Google Play.
    The Camera Starter app (another app, this IS on Google Play) generates a list of all the camera apps you have installed, so if you want to snap a picture you just launch Camera Starter and select the camera application listed there that best suits your needs (a fast camera, a night camera, etc).
    But Camera Starter doesn't list the one camera app I installed outside of Play. The one I got on Slideme.
    That's why I'm looking for an alternative.
    I tried explaining it better, hope this helps.
    10-28-2013 05:33 PM