Please help

simcidy

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Any insight please!!!
For the past 6 months or so I have had the pleasure of listening to radio plays on my android device while I get dressed and drive to work. I upload the plays to dropbox, then on my device, I select the file and the file downloads, I get a pop up to select the player and the player pops up and plays it. As I initiate it from dropbox, when I complete one, I close the player, delete the file from dropbox and repeat. Today, when I select the file from drop box instead of the file downloading and autoplaying, I now get a streaming popup asking if I want to store it on gcloud or download it, I have not installed the app gcloud, so I select download. Now it gets downloaded to the SD card and does not autoplay. I have to seek it out on the SD card to play it. Needless to say, this has put a huge cramp in my style. Where on earth did this "streaming" prompt come from and how do I get to play files directly from dropbox again?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Any insight please!!!
For the past 6 months or so I have had the pleasure of listening to radio plays on my android device while I get dressed and drive to work. I upload the plays to dropbox, then on my device, I select the file and the file downloads, I get a pop up to select the player and the player pops up and plays it. As I initiate it from dropbox, when I complete one, I close the player, delete the file from dropbox and repeat. Today, when I select the file from drop box instead of the file downloading and autoplaying, I now get a streaming popup asking if I want to store it on gcloud or download it, I have not installed the app gcloud, so I select download. Now it gets downloaded to the SD card and does not autoplay. I have to seek it out on the SD card to play it. Needless to say, this has put a huge cramp in my style. Where on earth did this "streaming" prompt come from and how do I get to play files directly from dropbox again?

Welcome to the forums.
Did the radio app update to cause this?

simcidy

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Not that I saw. The player is the default mp3 music player on the device. It does not appear in the application list. Maddening, really maddening. Wish it was int he application list, I wish to remove the file association to see if I get to reselect the prefered player for mp3's but cannot recall the location in the file system to find it. been I while since I looked for it.

I did see that google music updated. I removed it. no change.

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Not that I saw. The player is the default mp3 music player on the device. It does not appear in the application list. Maddening, really maddening. Wish it was int he application list, I wish to remove the file association to see if I get to reselect the prefered player for mp3's but cannot recall the location in the file system to find it. been I while since I looked for it.

I did see that google music updated. I removed it. no change.

Not sure what else to suggest. Sorry.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app