Is there a Contacts List that incorporates Hangouts?

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi all.

I am looking for a unified way of keeping all the different methods of contacting someone in one place. At the moment the Contact List on my Galaxy S3 shows phone numbers, emails, websites, Google+ pages and some other stuff but I can't see an easy way to start a Hangouts call from within the Contact List.
Is this possible?

Secondly, and really only a very very way off question, can "S Voice" be used to make additional commands like: "Hi Galaxy, Hangout with ..." which would start a Hangouts call with the contact named?
I don't reckon it can, but I am very new to Android stuff so I don'y know.

EDIT:
I can manually add new fields to the stock Samsung Contacts list, one of the named fields is Google Talk. Unfortunately as that is now deprecated it refuses to call Hangouts as the application to run.
I can rename it to Hangouts but that still doesn't get it to run.
If there doesn't exist another Contacts list, can anyone help me to get this stock app to recognize Hangouts?

Thanks.
Grant

Last edited:

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hangouts is still very new. in the next few months, it will be the default sms/mms app out the box on most devices. also, act like imessage for anyone who has an Android but that's still waiting to happen. Mostlikely it will with the launch of the Nexus 5.

Sent from my SPH-L710

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Thank you. So I take it that what you are saying is the "default" app will begin to include Hangouts, possibly with the new releases from Google. Interesting, I thought Hangouts had been out for long enough to already take on that role.
I guess no developers saw any need to make another contact list that included it in the mean-time.
I will wait and see. Thanks