I did a search for this but could not come up with a definite solution for this.

All I want to do is sync my contacts with their respective Facebook pictures. I don't want to add anyone new to my phonebook. I looked through the People app and couldn't find anything.

In another thread, someone said to look for Sync Nothing", "Sync all friends", and "Sync with existing" in the Facebook app. But I don't see this anywhere in the Facebook app and when I opened up Facebook for the first time I was not asked to sync anything.

I tried to uninstall Facebook then reinstall it but my Incredible won't let me. it says "Uninstall not successful." THANKS!
    09-03-2010 02:52 PM
    I believe the update to the Facebook app lost the ability to to "sync only existing contact". It's sync contact or don't sync contacts. What that means, I'm not sure. If you uninstall the "update", it should roll you back to the version that came installed on your DInc. That version has the option to "sync only existing contacts".
    09-03-2010 03:44 PM
    Ok I uninstalled the update and went back to the original version that shipped with my Incredible. However, I don't see any syncing options. Where would I see this?
    09-03-2010 04:51 PM
    This seems to be a hot topic today. Here's the thread I started on it (you might have already read it) and I posted the way I found to do it (annoying, but it worked).
    EDIT: Link didn't work, the title of the thread is "Sense Facebook Picture Sync"

The way I understand it, Sense uses the "Facebook for HTC Sense" app for syncing the pictures, not the android facebook app. Unfortunately you can only open this through friendstream. If you're trying to get new pictures up, you can use the method I put in the other thread (unless you find an easier way, which would make you my favorite person ever lol), but if you're syncing them for the first time, just hit the link button on the contact.
    09-03-2010 09:52 PM
    Give this a try and see how it works for you:

SyncMyPix - Android app on AppBrain
    ls377 likes this.
    09-03-2010 11:02 PM
    This seems to be a hot topic today. Here's the thread I started on it (you might have already read it) and I posted the way I found to do it (annoying, but it worked).
    EDIT: Link didn't work, the title of the thread is "Sense Facebook Picture Sync"

The way I understand it, Sense uses the "Facebook for HTC Sense" app for syncing the pictures, not the android facebook app. Unfortunately you can only open this through friendstream. If you're trying to get new pictures up, you can use the method I put in the other thread (unless you find an easier way, which would make you my favorite person ever lol), but if you're syncing them for the first time, just hit the link button on the contact.
    Hey thanks a lot. Downloaded this app and it worked great. Synced all my contacts with their respective Facebook pics. Only issue is that Google Chat pics override Facebook ones. No big deal though.

SyncMyPix - Android app on AppBrain
    ls377 likes this.
    09-04-2010 10:20 AM
    Thanks guys! Didn't even think to look for an app.
    09-04-2010 05:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD