one day i was listening to pandora radio and the felt like switching to a song that I have stored in my music app that is on the phone. When I found the song i liked I started to play the song. keep in mind Pandora was still playing the song.. When I started the song that was on the music player Pandora didn't stop the radio streaming or at lease pause the radio for latter. So at the end both apps were playing music I had to Pause pandora manually.

Yes I know that this is a very small thing and some people will say why didn't I just stop pandora first....well ya but this is a SMART phone.

By the way dose anyone know how to make your new email to show on the top of the screen? Because I'm looking all over the place on the phone. also will the droid get motoblur?

FYI other than that the DRoid ROCKS!!!!
    11-24-2009 10:01 AM
    Pandora is not a part of the Android OS nor does it come pre-installed into the phone. So of course it is not going to stop playing unless you stop it or the data connection stops. If you want to complain to anyone about it it would be Pandora themselves but again, it's really not an issue.
    11-24-2009 11:53 AM
    We should be happy this is even possible. This proves its multitasking and multitrack playback abilities. The added perk is that it means that you can listen to your own music and play games, etc.
    11-24-2009 01:33 PM
    If you switch over to an iPhone I believe that you will get the behavior that you expected
    11-24-2009 04:41 PM
    Pandora is not a part of the Android OS nor does it come pre-installed into the phone. So of course it is not going to stop playing unless you stop it or the data connection stops. If you want to complain to anyone about it it would be Pandora themselves but again, it's really not an issue.
    I'm not sure who is responsible for it on Blackberry, but that how it works with my storm. Strange that it wouldn't be standard on all smartphones.
    11-24-2009 04:44 PM
    It's doing what you told it exactly to do, stream from Pandora and play the file you asked it to. If I remember correctly the Palm Pre did the same thing. If you open up two music players on your computer and have them play different songs they will play over each other in the exact same fashion.

@citi I am not entirely to sure it's a "feature", more likely incapability.
    11-24-2009 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD