I was having some issues with the Gmail app updating correctly, and sending mail as well, so I thought I would just try using the Gmail mobile site, but was lamanting losing notifications. I added it in my LauncherPro dock instead of the default app and to my surprise it is giving me notifications of new email in the icon Anyhow I only use Gmail so this works for me, just a nice surprise!
    09-05-2010 02:44 PM
    BTW if anyone knows how to really 'fix' gmail I would like to send mail from it. PITA.
    09-05-2010 03:40 PM
    Originally Posted by canterrain
    Go to manage applications, then gmail and clear the data. Then go to gmail storage (also under manage applications) and clear the data there too. Seems to fix the problem for most people.

This fixed it for me but I was still happy to find that if I want to use the web app I'll still get notifications
    jaskojad likes this.
    09-05-2010 04:02 PM
    Wanted to give your advice a shot, just for G&G and when I went to manage applications, no gmail or gmail storage. Ever see that one?

My Gmail works fine, was just curious and going to see if cleaning it up would help it stay that way, but didn't find it there. Funny huh?

Any ideas please share.

Thanks,
    09-06-2010 08:10 AM
    I was having some issues with the Gmail app updating correctly, and sending mail as well, so I thought I would just try using the Gmail mobile site, but was lamanting losing notifications. I added it in my LauncherPro dock instead of the default app and to my surprise it is giving me notifications of new email in the icon Anyhow I only use Gmail so this works for me, just a nice surprise!
    Forgive the ignorance, but how do you add the mobile site into a launcher?
    09-06-2010 01:48 PM
    Press and hold a blank spot on the home screen, select either widgets or applications. Then select the one you want. Works for Launcher Pro, too, including the dock. For the dock, press and hold the place you want the icon, select the one you want.
    09-06-2010 03:25 PM
    Wanted to give your advice a shot, just for G&G and when I went to manage applications, no gmail or gmail storage. Ever see that one?

My Gmail works fine, was just curious and going to see if cleaning it up would help it stay that way, but didn't find it there. Funny huh?

Any ideas please share.

Thanks,
    I also had the same issue, once in Manage Application, click Menu>Filter> then select All, and you will then see them in the list.
    09-06-2010 05:30 PM
    Press and hold a blank spot on the home screen, select either widgets or applications. Then select the one you want. Works for Launcher Pro, too, including the dock. For the dock, press and hold the place you want the icon, select the one you want.
    But unless I'm mistaken, the gmail mobile site isn't a choice when you do that (unless it's a bookmark in your browser).

I do have one widget called Gmail Label, but that's not the same thing.
    09-07-2010 06:55 AM
    Yeah it needs to be bookmarked in your browser first.
    09-07-2010 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD