BBM Notification Sound Question

halifaxx11

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Long time BB user new to Android (Moto X). When I used to use BBM on Blackberry, I would receive an audible notification each time a message was received. Now, on the Moto X, I only receive a sound notification when the BBM app is "closed" or in the background. When the app is open on the screen and a new message is received, no notification sound is made (and I miss messages unless I am looking at the phone at the time). I've checked in the settings and there is no indication or setting that this can be changed. Any thoughts?

2ndHalfCor

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Same thing here. It's a pain to remember to go to the home screen before setting the phone down, but if I don't, I get messages without any notification and never know they are there. This thread is more than a month old, has anyone found a solution?

pal1221

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone gotten an update on this? It is really annoying to have to go back to the home screen all the time to get a message alert.

dh321

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone know how to stop the message pop up? I have a lot of private BBM's and this isn't a good thing. Short of turning notifcations off(thus not knowing if a new message arrives), does anyone know of a work around?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital