Yahoo Email App on Android 2.2

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Yahoo Mail App on Android 2.2

Has anyone been experiencing any problems with the Yahoo Mail App since upgrading to Android 2.2?

I number of my emails come through with the html version at the top of the email and the actual email appearing after scrolling down.

Last edited:

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes. My wife uses Yahoo and at the top of most emails is some javascript saying something like "if yahoo == UNDEFINED" with a whole bunch of other stuff. She's on a 2.1 stock Incredible. I'm looking for a fix.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed on mine and the Yahoo Messenger app after about 12 hours they seem to not notify anymore.
Not sure if there is an inactivity timer on them or not. Just a heads up. I rely on my BB or the POP settings on my EVO. I like the rapid response notification on the Yahoo Mail app just dont like the interface. But its still a good program.

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Yes, that is it, however it didn't start until I upgrade to 2.2.

Yes. My wife uses Yahoo and at the top of most emails is some javascript saying something like "if yahoo == UNDEFINED" with a whole bunch of other stuff. She's on a 2.1 stock Incredible. I'm looking for a fix.

Sonicaholic

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I had the same trouble but I decided to notify all using that address and created a new Gmail acc ditch yahoo and go for the full google experience.

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I haven't tried, but I take it reinstalling the app doesn't solve the problem?

Anyone heard yet when Yahoo might have their next Mail App update?

TMG

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Could it just be a problem with Yahoo email? I have been having a lot of trouble getting my yahoo email using both the stock email app and K-9. It keeps telling me I have the wrong username and password (works fine on my computer). I have also had trouble downloading the Yahoo email app as well. Any other ideas on what may be wrong? This has been very frustrating for the last 2 weeks and that I inconsistently get my yahoo email on my Driod 1 and cant seem to find a better way to get it.