While trying to read a lengthy blog, the stock browser would refresh every time after I received a call or text. Trying to stop it left me with a blank screen.

To add insult to injury, it never went back to the area of text I had been reading so I had to a lot of scrolling every time.

Is there any way to avoid this on the stock browser?
    09-06-2010 12:47 PM
    Bump
    09-08-2010 10:47 AM
    I have the same issue with Dolphin Browser. Not sure there is any way to stop this.
    09-08-2010 01:06 PM
    Hmm.. I THINK what might be happening is if you're on a site with flash, even a site with a simple flash advertisement, if you get a phone call while it's refreshing the flash (you may even realize it's trying to do it) you're losing your mobile network coverage. And once you hang up it's going to refresh the entire screen since the mobile coverage is back on.. This is just a theory. If you have access to wifi do this test to confirm.. Connect to wifi, go back on that blog site, scroll down, and have someone call you. Accept the call, wait a few seconds then hang up the call. If you go right to your browser and the page is still there than my theory is right. I'd try it but I can't right now. Let me kno...
    09-08-2010 01:43 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion. After downloading the latest Flash update, the texts I received did not cause refreshes on wifi. Before they did.

The big BUT: it's still refreshing after calls when using wifi.

Where does that leave me?
    09-11-2010 04:40 PM
    As bad as this is on 3G, it's painful on 1xRTT. It's almost pointless to try reading anything lengthy when texts, emails, or calls are coming in.

Is this a memory issue or is it solvable by rooting and installing an ad blocker?
    09-14-2010 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD