Are there any free apps that will let me view and edit doc files? Big plus if I can edit xls files too.
    Something like open office but for mobiles

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    09-06-2010 01:15 PM
    Free apps in that area are usually bad, really bad. FCs and what not. If you need Office files editor that works and has standard features, I'm afraid you will need to chip in $10-15.

I haven't seen any free apps that worked and the couple I saw were pulled from the Market any way.

That, or wait until Google makes GDocs fully available on Android. They said they are "looking into it". Whatever that means lol
    09-06-2010 02:49 PM
    Docs to Go - paid version - is the best. Handles Word, Xcel, and pdf's.
    09-06-2010 03:20 PM
    i dont mind paying a couple bucks but 15$ is pretty steep.
    GDocs just lets you edit files you have saved in the google cloud right?

How about just a .doc viewer app? any good ones?
    09-06-2010 03:31 PM
    for viewing only, I recommend Docs to Go (the free app). It's the best viewer out there imo. It works with .xls and .ppt as well. Besides, whenever the paid key goes on sale, you can grab it and it will unlock the editing capabilities. A friend of mine got the key for $5 (best sale they had and with 3.0 around the corner, they might do another sale, who knows).
    09-06-2010 06:32 PM
    I use DTG and it does ok. The spread sheet has its own set of issues that are more of an annoyance.
    09-06-2010 07:49 PM
    IMO if any app is worth the money - it's Docs To Go.
    09-06-2010 08:13 PM
    I really hope a company like Softmaker starts moving their office suite over to Android. It was my fave on WinMo, WAY better than DTG...
    09-06-2010 09:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD