just got a new phone from walmart, 1st day trying to answer an incoming call on an alcatel android T-mobile i swiped my green phone icon off the screen and now don't know how to make calls to new contacts and unable to retrieve the icon or even where it went...i know guilty on all counts thanks
    11-13-2013 04:47 PM
    just got a new phone from walmart, 1st day trying to answer an incoming call on an alcatel android T-mobile i swiped my green phone icon off the screen and now don't know how to make calls to new contacts and unable to retrieve the icon or even where it went...i know guilty on all counts thanks
    Find the app drawer, it should be a circle with dots which represent the apps...Tap it and it will open up to reveal your apps. Find the app you want, long press it and drag it to your home screen. What ends up on your homescreen is just a shortcut...The app itself remains in the app drawer.
    MaidenSchade likes this.
    11-13-2013 06:41 PM
    Find the app drawer, it should be a circle with dots which represent the apps...Tap it and it will open up to reveal your apps. Find the app you want, long press it and drag it to your home screen. What ends up on your homescreen is just a shortcut...The app itself remains in the app drawer.
    Yeah Thanks, that's what happened to my contacts widget on my ZTE Engage. I looked all over the web for another app or widget. I downloaded "Animated Widget" and I can only get the quick start guide to launch and settings. I would like to know if I have to do something else after downloading, or is this a glitch with the widget? I don"t want any thing animated but I don't like the shadow of the shortcut from the lost contacts. Any suggestions are welcome. yeah I am using my first Smart Phone (of my own) ; )
    11-18-2013 01:37 PM
    Yeah Thanks, that's what happened to my contacts widget on my ZTE Engage. I looked all over the web for another app or widget. I downloaded "Animated Widget" and I can only get the quick start guide to launch and settings. I would like to know if I have to do something else after downloading, or is this a glitch with the widget? I don"t want any thing animated but I don't like the shadow of the shortcut from the lost contacts. Any suggestions are welcome. yeah I am using my first Smart Phone (of my own) ; )
    When you say you looked all over the web...Do you mean you looked in the "Play Store"?(The app store from google) I checked to see which widget that was to try it but couldn't identify.

Some widgets have an OK or done button that needs to be pushed to activate the widget and the settings you adjusted. Or maybe I'm not understanding.
    MaidenSchade likes this.
    11-20-2013 05:20 PM
    Thanks for responding. I was looking in other places other than "Play Store" or as I am beginning to think more like "Play only with Google Store" I since have figured out that I had to reset install to SD because some how my home screen was full. then I was able to pull down the app or widget to use and set it as it was intended. If it even worked. But I want to know if there is another service other than google play services? they take over my phone and constantly are trying to sync and re-launch themselves. I had the same problem with Muve music. I really don't like so many hijacking programs on my phone. I don't use any social apps for that reason. My data is working even while on my Wi-Fi at home,( not a hotspot) I tried to disable it in settings but it still runs in background I guess. I have Cricket wireless unlimited with 2gb throttled data (they call it unlimited) : )
    12-11-2013 12:05 AM
    Thanks for responding. I was looking in other places other than "Play Store" or as I am beginning to think more like "Play only with Google Store" I since have figured out that I had to reset install to SD because some how my home screen was full. then I was able to pull down the app or widget to use and set it as it was intended. If it even worked. But I want to know if there is another service other than google play services? they take over my phone and constantly are trying to sync and re-launch themselves. I had the same problem with Muve music. I really don't like so many hijacking programs on my phone. I don't use any social apps for that reason. My data is working even while on my Wi-Fi at home,( not a hotspot) I tried to disable it in settings but it still runs in background I guess. I have Cricket wireless unlimited with 2gb throttled data (they call it unlimited) : )
    Hi, on your play store page (if you tap the play store icon on your phone it opens into your account's play store page) on the upper right there are 3 vertical dots? Tap that and there should be a setting to disable automatic updates.

For other places to get apps you can also download the Amazon Appstore app and use that to look for apps from Amazon.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    JennaluvsAndroid likes this.
    12-11-2013 01:57 AM