Relay iMessage texts from a mac as a server?

Tontac

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I'm new to android and this world as a whole, but have been active in the jailbreak community from when the first iPhone came out.
I got tired of iOS, and the jailbreak community sadly hasn't been what it once was for the last couple of years.

I'm glad to get a new start with android, and ordered my Nexus 5 and learned a little about the various roms, kernels and other mods I will install yesterday.

Going from iOs to Android has it's perks, but it also has a few noteworthy downsides. One of them is iMessage.
In september there was an app that made it possible to communicate with other iOs devices through an imessage clone. Only problem was, it relayed the signal from a server from China (if I'm using the terminology right). The app was taken down, and I'm aware quiet a few of you are aware of this.

But what if you set up your mac as a "server" of sorts. It handles the messages between the iPhone and your mac, and then sends it to apple servers. When you get a message, and it sends it from Apples servers to your mac, and then to your phone.

Wouldn't something like this be possible as the Mac iMessage.app would work as the authenticating part, while it is relaying the message to your iPhone.
Sure it would be some delay, but wouldn't this be a viable option?

Sorry if I misused any terminology, but I hope you got a hang of what I'm trying to ask.
Thanks! :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure that something like this exists and/or can be made to work. If it does, and works great, hopefully you come across it and are able to fully enjoy the best of both worlds :)

Tontac

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I haven't found this yet.
I'm really interested in how this could work on a coding level.
I found an app in the iOS app store named amessage https://www.google.no/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC4QFjAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fitunes.apple.com%2Fus%2Fapp%2Famessage-routing-sms%2Fid590341164%3Fmt%3D8&ei=lLqZUoPnB9T54QTEloC4Bg&usg=AFQjCNF_xW1qw5qVfGpRNWQdml8kOiZc7Q&sig2=uo9ok2hmOq9Rqw2uKQG1SQ&bvm=bv.57155469,d.bGE
but it seems it only works from an iOS device and has a 20 sec delay.

It would seem easier to set up an Mac server for handling the messages.