Remote-notifier

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Just FYI, there was a recent update to the Linux client and Bluetooth is much better now. Not perfect, but workable. Now I just want more notifications, integration with GMail and TweetDeck would make it fantastic!

Zerazac

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Sweet!!

It worked for me after hours of messing around (im sort of a noob). Got my Mac to notify me when my Evo get a notification using Growl. I guess what I was doing wrong was not launching the desktop client part of it. I downloaded macdroid-notifier-0.2.6.dmg or something like that. :)

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
has anyone figured out how to set this up to send over cellular network? the instructions are sparse. i went into my wifi router settings and set up the port forwarding but it still does not work. wifi works fine but i want to use cellular. i think maybe i am putting in the wrong IP address? my ISP is Comcast and i think they provide a static IP? any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
using this with free app WiFi Power Manager by MD Software to turn WIFI on when plugged in to AC power and off when not. i only need Remote Notifier when phone is plugged in and charging and away from me. i don't want to leave WIFI on 24/7 so WiFi Power Manager toggles it for me. Remote Notifier's WIFI on/off at notification internal setting was inconsistent.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/wifi-power-manager/com.mdsoftware.wifipowermanager

Last edited:

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995