Hi Google Maps is updated. Few new features that I have found so far are:

In Navigation: it will give walking direction.
    In Maps: it has icons at the top of the screen for "Places", "Layers" and "Location".
    09-09-2010 02:19 PM
    thanks. anybody know how to clear prior map searches listed in the layers? i tried clear map and also history eraser and neither worked. i did not try to clear Google search history - maybe that's it?
    09-09-2010 02:55 PM
    Does anyone know the difference between walking and biking direction? I'm thinking of using the walking directions while I ride my bike, but I'm not sure what problems might arise...

I was wondering if cycling directions take hill climbs into account.
    09-09-2010 03:20 PM
    Does anyone know the difference between walking and biking direction? I'm thinking of using the walking directions while I ride my bike, but I'm not sure what problems might arise...

I was wondering if cycling directions take hill climbs into account.
    At least here in NYC the bike directions keep you on bike paths / lanes.

Walking directions can use any streets b/c it assumes you are on sidewalks.
    09-09-2010 03:52 PM
    At least here in NYC the bike directions keep you on bike paths / lanes.

Walking directions can use any streets b/c it assumes you are on sidewalks.
    Ahhh, I see. I actually don't like the bike paths here (San Diego). They tend to be a round about way to get to the same place.

Thanks much.
    09-09-2010 04:21 PM
    I love the new maps. The walking nav is so handy
    09-11-2010 12:40 PM
    With the 4.5 update the walking directions keep you on walking paths where it knows they exist, so, for example in SF there is a part of Filbert St that is only open to pedestrians that is a set of stairs. You can walk it but no way can you bike it. Here is to hoping they add bike directions soon.
    09-11-2010 12:41 PM
    can anyone answer my question above?
    09-11-2010 01:16 PM
    I hope they fixed the navigation bugs: phone going into standby when using navigation, freezing, history not showing up when trying to enter directions, etc.
    09-11-2010 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD