Call using data?

optimizt

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Here's my dilemma:

Boyfriend and I will be separated for the month of December. We need a way to talk during daytime hours. I am on a Verizon GalaxyS4 with a low-minute, unlimited-data plan. He is on a T-mobile GalaxyS3 with unlimited minutes, and low-data. Neither of us will have predictable access to wifi or internet other than through our phones.

Is there an app that will allow calls that will use my data, but his phone minutes? I'm thinking like Skype or GoogleVoice would allow you to call to a landline, but it is my understanding that using either of those through my phone will still use minutes.

Much thanks in advance!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Here's my dilemma:

Boyfriend and I will be separated for the month of December. We need a way to talk during daytime hours. I am on a Verizon GalaxyS4 with a low-minute, unlimited-data plan. He is on a T-mobile GalaxyS3 with unlimited minutes, and low-data. Neither of us will have predictable access to wifi or internet other than through our phones.

Is there an app that will allow calls that will use my data, but his phone minutes? I'm thinking like Skype or GoogleVoice would allow you to call to a landline, but it is my understanding that using either of those through my phone will still use minutes.

Much thanks in advance!

Search Play for a VoIP (Voice over Internet Provider) That should give you some options. However, some apps may need to go over a Wifi signal as opposed to your own data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay