The Best IM app for your Android phone | eBuddy for Android

This app is pretty cool. I was using Meebo IM because a lot of people had referred it and said it was the best they knew of. I was looking on Mashable's awards section for apps and saw this little application up for an award.

Pretty much similar features to a lot of messaging clients where you can add many accounts but the interface reminds me more of something an iPhone would have or maybe like the Seesmic interface. The main feature I like about it ... is that it won't signoff when you lock your phone which Meebo DOES do. I would be on for maybe like 2 minutes and my phone would lock and bam sign me off .... very annoying and not a good thing. eBuddy is free through the marketplace and just requires you to create an id when you install the program.

Accounts available for use:
    -MSN
    -Yahoo
    -AIM
    -GTalk
    -MySpace
    11-26-2009 04:57 PM
    Looks great.
    Shame there isn't an app out there that can offer BBM for non BB users.
    11-27-2009 12:22 AM
    Looks great.
    Shame there isn't an app out there that can offer BBM for non BB users.
    Hahaha .... yes unfortunately there isn't.
    11-27-2009 12:41 PM
    Graphically far superior to meebo in my opinion, will have to use it for a couple days to see how it does. I had a friend that I messaged ask what ebuddy was, so I need to see what it is showing to the other person that they would know how I was chatting.
    11-27-2009 03:17 PM
    much better than meebo.

thanks for the find!
    11-27-2009 05:52 PM
    i just recently got ebuddy and when i message people they tell me they get html jibberish along with my messages. anyway i can get rid of that? if not, what's a good alternative to ebuddy that supports facebook messaging?
    11-29-2009 10:42 PM
    ebuddy and meebo have been the 2 favorite around here
    11-30-2009 02:55 AM
    ebuddy and meebo have been the 2 favorite around here
    yea i downloaded both but meebo has this bug right now where it would keep logging you off and on again randomly. i guess i have to stick with ebuddy for now.
    11-30-2009 06:45 AM
    So I was loving ebuddy yesterday. Everything was working fine (although it would log me out randomly but oh well). But today it wont let me log into Facebook chat. Keeps kicking me off and giving me some message. Anybody encountered this and found a solution?
    11-30-2009 10:24 AM
    Make sure you are set to 'online' for chatting within facebook on the website.
    11-30-2009 10:42 AM
    Good find IMO!
    11-30-2009 10:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD