iHeartRadio developers SUCK!!!!!

DevilInPgh

May 12, 2010
Visit site
This thread is part angry rant/part call for help/part call to arms.

So everyone using a phone with Froyo installed knows that iHeartRadio is broken. Its directory is WAY behind what is available on BB or iPhone, and for a basic function, it can't connect when you are on 3G/4G. E-mails have been sent. Twitter messages have been sent. Negative reviews have been left (by MANY people) on the Market page. But ZERO response has come from the developers. What more can I do to get the developers to listen to us?

z0phi3l

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
You can stop whining and wait for an update?

You think they don't already know somethings broken?

People need to stop taking things so personally, especially if it's a free app, now had you paid for the app, you might have some wiggle room, but not much

DevilInPgh

May 12, 2010
Visit site
You can stop whining and wait for an update?

You think they don't already know somethings broken?

People need to stop taking things so personally, especially if it's a free app, now had you paid for the app, you might have some wiggle room, but not much

Actually, I think they've been kissing iPhone's rear for so long that they don't THINK there's anything wrong with the Android app. Yeah, I think they're out of touch. And yeah, I sent an e-mail a month ago, an e-mail for which there was NO response. You would think having 60% of its ratings as 1-star and 2-star (most of which, I imagine, came in the past month) would get a response from a giant company that pumps its app on the airwaves from here to Rancho Cucamonga, but NOOOO, nothing.

HYDE

Banned
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
This thread is part angry rant/part call for help/part call to arms.

So everyone using a phone with Froyo installed knows that iHeartRadio is broken. Its directory is WAY behind what is available on BB or iPhone, and for a basic function, it can't connect when you are on 3G/4G. E-mails have been sent. Twitter messages have been sent. Negative reviews have been left (by MANY people) on the Market page. But ZERO response has come from the developers. What more can I do to get the developers to listen to us?

Pay them for their time?

LordBlackmore

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
This is the second weirdly angry OP post I've read on two different android boards. Different topics, though.

As far as I can tell, unless this app is required to use a paid service (I don't know), they owe you exactly nothing, OP. They don't owe you an update nor do they owe you any kind of response. And unless they've publicly stated that the app will run on 2.2, you should have no expectation that it will.

DevilInPgh

May 12, 2010
Visit site
This is the second weirdly angry OP post I've read on two different android boards. Different topics, though.

As far as I can tell, unless this app is required to use a paid service (I don't know), they owe you exactly nothing, OP. They don't owe you an update nor do they owe you any kind of response. And unless they've publicly stated that the app will run on 2.2, you should have no expectation that it will.

They haven't really said anything. That's what upsets me. And if the developers were from some indy firm, you might have a point. But this is <cue the music> Clear Channel Worldwide!!! Unless your name is Justin Bieber or Glenn Beck, they couldn't really give a damn.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Take your business elsewhere. When I'm not getting good customer service I go elsewhere. There's Pandora, and a lot of other music/radio apps.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
They haven't really said anything. That's what upsets me. And if the developers were from some indy firm, you might have a point. But this is <cue the music> Clear Channel Worldwide!!! Unless your name is Justin Bieber or Glenn Beck, they couldn't really give a damn.

Hey it streams DVE and The-X just fine so what is the problem?

Seriously man I am glad we have any version at all. It is a free app and they don't have to do anything at all for Android or you. They also don't have to fix it if they don't want, heck they could just remove it from the market if they wanted to.

I think they will improve it though, it may just take time. It is free though so just remember you are owed nothing!

Last edited:

heavy1metal

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I think in the end they're missing out on a already large and still growing market, and that clear channel's advertisers would like to see them get to work on fixing the app. They owe us nothing but they owe their advertisers everything.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I think in the end they're missing out on a already large and still growing market, and that clear channel's advertisers would like to see them get to work on fixing the app. They owe us nothing but they owe their advertisers everything.

Good points. I totally agree they SHOULD update it, Android is growing by leaps and bounds and not supporting it is only shooting themselves in the foot.