I was wondering if people had any suggestions as to a good app with recipes. Looking for one like big oven or somtging like that. What do you use?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    09-13-2010 04:31 PM
    Epicurious is what I use for my Android/cooking related needs. Not sure if it's what you're looking for.
    09-13-2010 04:41 PM
    I use Evernote and just add recipes I find on the net or enter them myself. Probably not exactly what you need but for me it makes it easy to access from a laptop, or my phone. Laptop access is nice for copy and pasting recipes easily and tagging them. The phone access is helpful when I'm trying to remember ingredients while shopping at the grocery store.
    09-13-2010 05:32 PM
    Probably not what you're looking for, but I use Gourmet on my PC and then publish the output to a locally accessible website. All I care about is reading the recipes from my phone so I can see the ingredients when shopping or read the recipe in the kitchen while cooking. The nice thing is I can do so from a laptop, my phone, or anything with a browser. Here's a sample of the HTML output:
    Salsa Fresca
    09-13-2010 05:47 PM
    Another vote for epicurious. I took my daughters recommendation and downloaded it last week. Used it a few times already for some great new (to me) meals.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    09-13-2010 05:52 PM
    I use NoteEverything with GoogleDocs, similar to the Evernote solution but better overall for me.
    09-13-2010 09:35 PM
    Probably not what you're looking for, but I use Gourmet on my PC and then publish the output to a locally accessible website. All I care about is reading the recipes from my phone so I can see the ingredients when shopping or read the recipe in the kitchen while cooking. The nice thing is I can do so from a laptop, my phone, or anything with a browser. Here's a sample of the HTML output:
    Salsa Fresca
    I use evernote as well, but had to chime in and say that's a great (and elegant) solution you're using. Nice work!
    09-13-2010 10:10 PM
    I use evernote as well, but had to chime in and say that's a great (and elegant) solution you're using. Nice work!
    Thanks! I can't wait for the tablet brigade to come around so I can mount one on a wall in my kitchen. I haven't decided if Android or Linux-based is the right choice for me yet, it'll probably come down to pricing. The PC Dream realized!

The only application I could think of for [a computer in the home] was the housewife putting her recipes on it, and I didn't think that was going to be a powerful enough application.
    09-14-2010 06:36 AM
    I use Ratio all the time at work and at home. It's five dollars in the app store, but for me the most useful culinary application. It is based on the Michael Ruhlman book of the same name. Absolutely indispensable for professional cooks and chefs who have Android phones.
    09-14-2010 08:25 AM
    Epicurious is perfect! Thanks for all the suggestions too everyone. I am going to check out some them as well!
    09-15-2010 11:51 AM
    Epicurious is great but can be buggy, use it without the widget for better performance as it force closes a lot. I love that you can save favorite recipes to your sd card and that you can create shoppign lists.
    09-15-2010 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD