I am wondering how I can attach non-photo attachments to gmail messages while composing in the gmail app. I can do that when I open the document and then select "send by gmail". But I would like to be able to attach the documents from the Gmail app itself. While composing a message in Gmail, if I select "attach" it only gives me option to select files (pictures) in "gallery". Is there any way I can select documents too?
    09-15-2010 02:34 PM
    I had that same problem the other day. I don't know if there is a solution within gmail (I couldn't find it) but I went to the application "My Files" (I'm sure any file browser would work) and found the file I wanted to send, long clicked on it, chose share, and it gave me the options of Bluetooth or Gmail. I click gmail, and it created a new message with the proper file attached.

That got me around the problem, but I would also like to know if there is a way to do that from within gmail.
    09-15-2010 06:40 PM
    If you download astro file manager, when you select "attach" from within gmail, you have the option to use astro. From there you can navigate to the file you want to attach
    nKoan and moistdef#AC like this.
    09-15-2010 06:54 PM
    Use K-9 to handle your Gmail accounts. Its awesome.
    09-15-2010 07:45 PM
    If you download astro file manager, when you select "attach" from within gmail, you have the option to use astro. From there you can navigate to the file you want to attach
    +1 10chars
    09-15-2010 07:53 PM
    I am having a problem with attachments with the non gmail app. When I start a new email and try to attach i can't see pdf's I can only see jpeg's.
    10-15-2010 01:51 PM
    I am having a problem with attachments with the non gmail app. When I start a new email and try to attach i can't see pdf's I can only see jpeg's.
    See post number 4 above. The regular email app is hopeless.
    10-15-2010 07:53 PM
    10-15-2010 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD