how do I get the pictures in my photo gallery in name order?

gatraveler

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm just starting with Android and having trouble with the picture gallery. It appears the google gallery sorts the pictures in a folder by modified date; however, I don't want the pictures sorted at all. If they must be sorted, it would be by file name.

All I really want in the gallery ap is a listing of the folders (or albums), a grid or listing showing the pictures in the folder in file name order, and a way to scroll though the pictures. I do not want the gallery ap to change any of the pictures in any folder.

Is there any way to make the google gallery do this, or if not, is there a simple ap I could use.

I'm using a Dell Venue 8 running Android 4.2.2.

Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm just starting with Android and having trouble with the picture gallery. It appears the google gallery sorts the pictures in a folder by modified date; however, I don't want the pictures sorted at all. If they must be sorted, it would be by file name.

All I really want in the gallery ap is a listing of the folders (or albums), a grid or listing showing the pictures in the folder in file name order, and a way to scroll though the pictures. I do not want the gallery ap to change any of the pictures in any folder.

Is there any way to make the google gallery do this, or if not, is there a simple ap I could use.

I'm using a Dell Venue 8 running Android 4.2.2.

Thanks

Welcome to the forums and Android!
Is there an option in Menu?

kernmal

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I recommend installing QuickPic from the Play Store.
It is a free Gallery replacement that has multiple options for sorting.
10 million downloads, 4.7 rating, and no risky permissions. You can't go wrong with it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

AUSSIE818

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Nice Simple Photo Widget is the answer!
I just spent hours programming and editing the pictures I wanted in the order I wanted but was unsuccessful =(
Good luck!

Andrew4096

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
QuickPic is what Gallery should have been: It gives the option of displaying thumbnails in a grid or matrix (like Gallery), or as a list, with the file name next to each thumbnail. :)

Sort options include name, date, taken date, and size. If you select the same sort a second time, it reverses the order.

The "taken date" option presumably works on the Exif metadata stored in JPEG files by digital cameras, which may not be present in PNG files or JPEG files that were created in a graphics editor.

Unfortunately, it also pushes a backup service called "CM Cloud", but if you don't want it, that can be disabled with a long press and menu selection from QuickPic's main screen.

GuccizBud

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Thumbs up to #kernmal for the much appreciated suggestion below ፡

 〝 I recommend installing
   QuickPic from the Play
   Store.
              〞

Unbelievable that you actually can't do a mindlessly simple thing like sort the pictures within an album/folder BY NAME in the stock Gallery app, but it's so. I have 7 pictures I took which show an object from 7 angles, progressing around it so you get a complete 360° view, and named each one FILENAME 01, FILENAME 02, etc., 'til FILENAME 07, and couldn't believe I couldn't get them to appear sequentially that way in Gallery. But it's so. And Quick Pic is the fix. Goodbye Gallery.

Many thanks #kernmal.

bytemarks

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Downloading and installing QuickPic from the Play Store was the best information I received this week. HTC's Gallery and Zoe are horrible. Within seconds after installing QuickPic, I could display my photos in my selected sequence order. How could HTC be so far off the mark? Thank you!

michdty

Dec 27, 2017
Visit site
YOU ARE A GODSEND thanks for this recommendation!!

I recommend installing QuickPic from the Play Store.
It is a free Gallery replacement that has multiple options for sorting.
10 million downloads, 4.7 rating, and no risky permissions. You can't go wrong with it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

AleC Games

Feb 11, 2019
Visit site
In Photo Gallery, you can arrange the pictures as per your requirement. I mean to say, you can sort them accordingly. In the concerned folder, go to View tab and click and expand view ribbon. In the View file ribbon, you can go to Arrange list for arranging the pictures as per your requirement. It will give you an option for arranging them by Date, Person, Type, Name, Rating and etc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney