Photographers Location

qwerty1

Banned
Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,

I am a photographer and I'm looking for an app that I can use with my Canon 400D. I would like the ability when I go out to a location to pinpoint a location that I took a picture and have the ability to export that data to an XML file. I often travel to several locations during the day and don't have the time with editing pictures to also lookup coordinates on google maps and then copy and paste them into the metadata for the pics. Having an app that will allow me to press a button and it asks my sequence number for my picture (i.e. IMG_1001, IMG 1002, etc) then marks the GPS info with the image number in an XML file would save me SO much time! I know a lot of other photographers that would love to use this as well, but we have been patiently waiting for an app! What is out there or can anybody throw something together?

Thanks!

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Its sad really that you pay $700 for a camera that doesn't include a one dollar gps chip and compass these days.

There are a lot of GPS apps out there that have a Share Location button, (Just GPS, GPS Status, etc). Usually they offer to launch some other app when you hit the share location, with a text message/email already loaded and ready to go.
You might have to tap in the shot numbers or something.

Text or email them to yourself.

When you get home, you could just add this to the exif info.

You could also take a shot with the built in cam, most of those have geotagging options, but the cross posting would be a pain.

I haven't checked any of the photography specific apps.

qwerty1

Banned
Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply and I do agree! I have over $2500 invested in photography equipment but the hardest part is geotagging! I dug around on the internet a little and actually found the latest from our friends at google... About - App Inventor for Android looks easy enough to use, so I am going to give that a shot when it comes around and just design my own thing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol