Beta-Testers needed for File via SMS sending software and service!

SMSMyFile is a free file-sending hosting service. It features a new and original concept of sending files via SMS to other mobile users.

THE ADVANTAGES:

- Send full-size pictures and videos, any type of data, audio, programs etc. to mobile or PC

- You dont need to set up an email connection and are not limited to MMS, Bluetooth or infrared connectivity restrictions

- Service is completely free of charge, the only costs are your regular carrier charges for SMS and data sending

- Supports all the latest Mobile platforms - Symbian, Windows Mobile, iPhone, Android, Palm Pre - WebOS, Blackberry, JAVA Mobile.

- Data can be sent as a link to recipient's email on PC and then downloaded at no cost

PLEASE NOTE:

- The uploads are currently limited to a maximum file-size of 10MB per upload

- The person receiving will be be charged only for data transfer, with no charge when using a WiFi connection

DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LATEST VERSION FROM YOUR PHONE INTERNET BROWSER.

Navigate to www.smsmyfile.com and click on your Android OS version under the "Download for your Android OS version:" and it will initiate installation directly to your phone.

MOBILE VERSION INSTRUCTIONS:

You can also download a latest version and install to your phone.

Here download client application for your Android

Thank you for testing our new application!

Any comments or suggestions are welcome!

SMSMyFile.com Dev Team
    11-29-2009 03:42 PM
    Very nice, and an application I could get a lot of use out of. A few questions:
    1. How long until the file link expires?
    2. Is the file link kept private?
    3. Can the link to the file be sent to multiple users?

Looking forward to your reply.
    11-29-2009 03:54 PM
    Hi,

1. Currently in the beta-test period link will not expire, we are planing to add auto-delete after receiver have downloaded it in the next version.

2. File link is kept private, in next version, users will be able to register and have option to manage their sent files, they can delete and forward already uploaded files.

3. Not in current version in order to avoid possible spam abuse.

Thank you for testing our app. Your comments, suggestions, bug-reports are welcomed!

Best Regards
    SMSMyFile Dev Team

Very nice, and an application I could get a lot of use out of. A few questions:
    1. How long until the file link expires?
    2. Is the file link kept private?
    3. Can the link to the file be sent to multiple users?

Looking forward to your reply.
    11-29-2009 04:25 PM
    Perfect. All three answers are what is was hoping for.
    Thank you

Hi,

1. Currently in the beta-test period link will not expire, we are planing to add auto-delete after receiver have downloaded it in the next version.

2. File link is kept private, in next version, users will be able to register and have option to manage their sent files, they can delete and forward already uploaded files.

3. Not in current version in order to avoid possible spam abuse.

Thank you for testing our app. Your comments, suggestions, bug-reports are welcomed!

Best Regards
    SMSMyFile Dev Team
    11-29-2009 04:33 PM
    Just downloaded onto my droid, sent a picture to myself, recvd the message BUT cannot open the picture as there is no attachment to the message.
    check out the attachment screen capture. When I click on any of those hyperlinks all it does is try to call a number or takes me to your home page.
    11-29-2009 04:43 PM
    Another screen shot of what happens when I tap on the links......I think this program is useless and does NOT work at all.
    11-29-2009 04:55 PM
    I have been sending links to files via email and they work just fine, so I tried it via sms. Result - same as equus It appears that the phone is converting the link into:
    link + phone number + random text.

Just the phone being too smart The URL is there, but the phone is "transcoding" it wrong.
    11-29-2009 09:05 PM
    Hi,

We have located the error. Correct link that should appear in merged SMS is in following format: http://smsmyfile.com/Axb3e If you click on this link it should open this page. We will post update later today. Thank you for letting us know about this!

Regards
    SMSMyFile Dev Team

Another screen shot of what happens when I tap on the links......I think this program is useless and does NOT work at all.
    11-30-2009 04:21 AM
    Hi,

There were some small bug in link shortening script. We will fix this issue ASAP and post update.

Thanks again for testing our app.

Regards
    SMSMyFile Dev Team

I have been sending links to files via email and they work just fine, so I tried it via sms. Result - same as equus It appears that the phone is converting the link into:
    link + phone number + random text.

Just the phone being too smart The URL is there, but the phone is "transcoding" it wrong.
    11-30-2009 04:48 AM
    New version for download!

Fixed:

- link to file as shorten URL
    - auto-detect of Android OS version and use appropriate APIs (no more separate builds for each version!)

Here download client application for your Android
    12-07-2009 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD