09-18-2010 11:52 AM
70 123
tools
    I missed out on the beta...bummed I can't grab it.
    did you register so you get notified when it opens again? which Im sure will be soon
    06-30-2010 08:14 AM
    yep....just completing it right now.
    06-30-2010 08:15 AM
    I love swype, but I'm just curious how people are able to type so fast with it?

My issue is I "know" where letters are on the keyboard, but when I have to think about the order of the letters and then dragging one finger to them at a time, I find I have to make a conscious effort to look at the keyboard or think about the word as I'm swyping, and the net result is it takes me a while to bang things out.

The accuracy is remarkable, but swyping a word like "deactivation" and I usually end up having to do it 2x because I have to think about key location and it ends up thinking I was trying to spell another word due to pauses and misses while swyping.
    06-30-2010 08:26 AM
    I too am officially hooked on Swype. When the beta opened again I convinced several people to sign up and no one has been disappointed. I figure I can type close to twice as fast as I ever could using the two thumbs method on the standard keyboard. And now one handed typing is possible. I really think the key to being fast with swype is not to think too much about trying to hit the right keys. It's looking for patterns so as long as you're close it'll be right 99% of the time.
    06-30-2010 08:36 AM
    Now if they could only add a microphone key... the speech to text thing is so great when you're not supposed to txt....
    06-30-2010 08:53 AM
    I love swype, but I'm just curious how people are able to type so fast with it?

My issue is I "know" where letters are on the keyboard, but when I have to think about the order of the letters and then dragging one finger to them at a time, I find I have to make a conscious effort to look at the keyboard or think about the word as I'm swyping, and the net result is it takes me a while to bang things out.

The accuracy is remarkable, but swyping a word like "deactivation" and I usually end up having to do it 2x because I have to think about key location and it ends up thinking I was trying to spell another word due to pauses and misses while swyping.
    I had the same problem also, but once you play with it for a while it becomes easier to remember where the letters are. It is just a matter of practice.
    06-30-2010 08:58 AM
    I also had ShapeWriter and I like it too. Especially the fact that it has a dedicated button to change from english to spanish. In swype you have to tap and hold and then select the language (two actions take too much time of my day,:rolleyes Also, for some reason I like the way ShapeWriter does caps better. Again, it has a key that capitalizes words (it actually does, normal caps, all caps and no caps). so if you wrote a word and after the fact you needed to capitalize it, just press the key and presto! Still, I'm using Swype because in the end I think it will have better support. We'll see. Maybe I'll go back to ShapeWriter.
    06-30-2010 09:04 AM
    OK, I'm clearly missing something.... Just installed Swype beta and cannot get it to show up anywhere. I go to Settings > Language & Keyboard, and I checked Swype, but when i go to text I just get stock keyboard. This is version 1.56.30. Thanks for the help!
    07-02-2010 08:56 AM
    OK, I'm clearly missing something.... Just installed Swype beta and cannot get it to show up anywhere. I go to Settings > Language & Keyboard, and I checked Swype, but when i go to text I just get stock keyboard. This is version 1.56.30. Thanks for the help!
    Long press in any text input area and then press input method and select swype.
    bassmanxu likes this.
    07-02-2010 09:14 AM
    Long press in any text input area and then press input method and select swype.
    Doh! Thanks.
    07-02-2010 09:27 AM
    I'm currently in the Swype Beta (don't have an EVO...........yet) but wanted to know how smooth it ran on the EVO. I"ve been having some problems where it won't swype words but I can tap them in. Anything like that with the EVO?
    07-02-2010 09:35 AM
    I'm currently in the Swype Beta (don't have an EVO...........yet) but wanted to know how smooth it ran on the EVO. I"ve been having some problems where it won't swype words but I can tap them in. Anything like that with the EVO?
    I was having these problems yesterday, I just turned off my device and booted it back up and everything was working fine.
    07-02-2010 10:31 AM
    I was having these problems yesterday, I just turned off my device and booted it back up and everything was working fine.
    But it's not a regular thing though right?
    07-02-2010 10:41 AM
    Frankly, I prefer Shapewriter. The keys are less compact and jammed together...much easier to navigate my finger to the desired letter keys...
    09-12-2010 10:47 PM
    omg....I just installed Swype.....LOVE it!!!! Has fixed my fat fingering problem!!!! whoo hoo!!!!
    09-17-2010 06:10 PM
    omg....I just installed Swype.....LOVE it!!!! Has fixed my fat fingering problem!!!! whoo hoo!!!!
    how did u get it i thought beta was closed
    09-17-2010 08:30 PM
    How did you get swype on your EVO. i want to get it on mine.
    i just got it from xda Swype for the EVO? Now with an *****-PROOF GUIDE! - xda-developers its sooo much faster now i to am a swype fiend
    09-17-2010 09:38 PM
    So i got i linked to download swype and i had it for a while now and i absolutely love it but because swype got updated the version i had expired so i cant use it anymore... Im not registered with swype and i was wondering if anyone knows how i can download the new version of swype....
    09-18-2010 12:49 AM
    search for swype apk download in Google. you should be able to download it for free. that's how i got mine.
    09-18-2010 01:40 AM
    The mods here don't like talk about leaked beta's of Swype.
    Brett likes this.
    09-18-2010 02:40 AM
    I love Swype and I had it on my Evo untill lastnight. It seemed like it expired. It was before midnight and now its not. It was the droid with a red theme version. Who has one that won't die?
    Thanks
    Tom
    09-18-2010 08:26 AM
    Mine expired too...

Now I have to find the new version...
    09-18-2010 08:37 AM
    Use SlideIT instead for the mean time.
    09-18-2010 08:55 AM
    thanks its working,
    T
    09-18-2010 09:13 AM
    I love Swype and I had it on my Evo untill lastnight. It seemed like it expired. It was before midnight and now its not. It was the droid with a red theme version. Who has one that won't die?
    Thanks
    Tom
    i hope that you are not requesting for somebody to post a link to another site for the apk of a cracked version or that somebody posts a link directly to the apk. This is not tolerated in this forum and i will be watching this thread just in case.

if you want a good copy of swype, sign up for the beta. its free so there isn't much of a downside except time it will take to get an email as to when you can get your (legal) copy.
    09-18-2010 09:43 AM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD