My swype stopped working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmyalex

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Swype keyboard question

So i got i linked to download swype and i had it for a while now and i absolutely love it but because swype got updated the version i had expired so i cant use it anymore... Im not registered with swype and i was wondering if anyone knows how i can download the new version of swype....

tharsh#AC

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I love Swype and I had it on my Evo untill lastnight. It seemed like it expired. It was before midnight and now its not. It was the droid with a red theme version. Who has one that won't die?
Thanks
Tom

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I love Swype and I had it on my Evo untill lastnight. It seemed like it expired. It was before midnight and now its not. It was the droid with a red theme version. Who has one that won't die?
Thanks
Tom

i hope that you are not requesting for somebody to post a link to another site for the apk of a cracked version or that somebody posts a link directly to the apk. This is not tolerated in this forum and i will be watching this thread just in case.

if you want a good copy of swype, sign up for the beta. its free so there isn't much of a downside except time it will take to get an email as to when you can get your (legal) copy.

coachdvc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
i just got it from xda Swype for the EVO? Now with an IDIOT-PROOF GUIDE! - xda-developers its sooo much faster now i to am a swype fiend:D

I have used swype that I downloaded from this site for a couple months now. Well today swype isn't working for me. I can type with it, but it won't let me swype. I removed swype and started all over again with the instructions you gave. It still doesn't work. Does anyone have any idea how I can get swype going again? I miss it already!

Punkidish

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Swype trial over on EVO. SUCKS! HELP!

This morning when i woke up, my swype on my evo said that the trial was over. This really sucks because i hate the default input. I tried to redownload it to see if i might get lucky, but no luck. Anybody running swype with the same problem? or does anyone know a different way to get swype where it wont expire? Any help appreciated!

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you signed up for the official beta on the website you'll probably get an email to download the latest beta.

You won't find the APK here or where to get it, though, because it's against forum rules to post those.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Posting the APK or where to get it is against forum rules. The beta expired and a new one was probably released. If you signed up for the beta you'll probably get an email with the updated beta.

coachdvc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
This morning when i woke up, my swype on my evo said that the trial was over. This really sucks because i hate the default input. I tried to redownload it to see if i might get lucky, but no luck. Anybody running swype with the same problem? or does anyone know a different way to get swype where it wont expire? Any help appreciated!

I guess the same thing happened to me. This sucks because swype is the best way for me to text. I think there's something similar, so I'm going to try that next. Just don't remember what it is.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I guess the same thing happened to me. This sucks because swype is the best way for me to text. I think there's something similar, so I'm going to try that next. Just don't remember what it is.

I think it's called Shapewriter, but I'm not sure if it's available anymore.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
They just don't wanna get in trouble. Swype does monitor the forums for things like that. It's not AC's fault. I saw a post a while back from Swype on a forum that specifically said that they monitor forums and that the more people "steal" the app the longer it'll take to come out of beta and be available to us.

breakinghbts#AC

May 17, 2010
Visit site
They just don't wanna get in trouble. Swype does monitor the forums for things like that. It's not AC's fault. I saw a post a while back from Swype on a forum that specifically said that they monitor forums and that the more people "steal" the app the longer it'll take to come out of beta and be available to us.

I can understand that. But if they would put it on the market, I honestly say I'd pay $10 for swype. Even in 'beta' stage. Oh well, I guess I won't blame AC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc