Update for WeatherBug

bbrosius

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to just let everyone know we?ve released an update to both WeatherBug and WeatherBug Elite. For those of you who were having a problem with icons disappearing from the widgets, or the widgets not laying out correctly in landscape mode those issues are now resolved.
For those using the live wallpaper you now need to double tap to bring up the wallpaper control screen. This was done to fix a problem on Galaxy S devices where the controls appeared every time the screen was touched. We?ve also fixed several crashes that were reported, and improved the swiping between locations.

We?ve also had a few questions lately on what you get buying elite over using free so I wanted to clarify. With elite you get 7 additional layers in the map section. You also get more options for animation quality in the elite version of the application. In addition the elite version has access to two additional widgets, a 3 day forecast widget and a radar map widget, as well as access to the live wallpaper map. And last but not least the elite version has NO Ads, which is important to a lot of people.

If you have any questions or feedback please feel free to post and I?ll try answer as many as I can. We?re always looking for feedback on how to make the app better as we try to reach our goal of becoming the top weather app on Android.

Thanks,
WeatherBug

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I would really love to see a clock/weather widget combo (skinable??) and the ability to have refresh on unlock. Updating only when you need it is better on the battery.

I have the elite version.

Last edited:

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I love the Elite, this accountant actually spent money for it. The radar widget is way cool! Tho' huge...with the five screens now, no problem! The only issue is that I wish I could select what notifications come. Right now, it's either yes or no. So you get all of them for every location you have. I'd prefer to have it just for my current location, and only the most severe.

bbrosius

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: Kicko
We actually do currently have a clock widget on the market. If you go to our app in the market and view more applications you should see WeatherBug Time & Temp. It's currently sponsored by Allstate show it shows their skin. But there will be more skins added in the future.

Currently we only update when the screen is unlocked on the update interval that you set. Are you asking for the ability to update on ever unlock? That is something we could consider adding.

Re: Zorro1
We have plans to add alert filtering in future versions of the application. I personally am a big proponent of adding that feature. As I frequently get alerted by coastal flood advisories, and I don't live near the water. Glad you enjoy the map widget!

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Kicko
We actually do currently have a clock widget on the market. If you go to our app in the market and view more applications you should see WeatherBug Time & Temp. It's currently sponsored by Allstate show it shows their skin. But there will be more skins added in the future.

Currently we only update when the screen is unlocked on the update interval that you set. Are you asking for the ability to update on ever unlock? That is something we could consider adding.

Yes ..on the refresh

and yes That clock/weather widget is pretty good but it needs skins for theme creating users.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I dont use screen lock. I was reading your forums and noticed u only uodate when screen is swiped to unlock. What is eta or will there b a fix for us non lock users. I travel across the USA so im very seldom in one place long.

bbrosius

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
2.4.470 is the newest version. It was released a few days before I was able post.

I'm hopeful that the lock screen change will be included in the next release slated for October/November.

grhouse

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Weatherbug Time & Temp Bug

I've got Weatherbug T&T Widget on my new Verizon Samsung Fascinate and hit the wrong key when entering the home city. Now it shows me information for India and I cannot find a way to change it. How do you change the Home Town? I've tried Trashing it and replacing it but that didn't work. This is my first Smartphone. Gene

bbrosius

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
If you click on the weather portion of the widget at the bottom it will bring up the fullscreen weather activity. From there if your press the settings button it will take you to the widget settings page which will let you change your location.

grhouse

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
If you click on the weather portion of the widget at the bottom it will bring up the fullscreen weather activity. From there if your press the settings button it will take you to the widget settings page which will let you change your location.
When I click on the Weather Clock I get a large weather screen with the WORD "More" on the bottom right. When I click on that I can "Change" my location and then I can "Set" my location and it will show the new weather location . BUT, when I go back to my main screen it has defaulted back to Kuchaman City in India. Can this be changed? Or do I need to DROP this app entirely? Gene

bbrosius

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: grhouse Sorry I missed the part where you said you had the Samsung Fascinate. That's actually not our time and temp widget, that's one that Samsung created using our API.

But to add location you just click on the location name part of the widget. That takes you to a location list and then hit the menu key and click on add location. When you return to the location screen click on a location and that will be the one that's shown. That widget is actually pretty cool if you swipe up on the widget it will switch between locations. And it actually shows you the time of the location your viewing so you can use it as a world clock.

Re: ericdives
I'll try and post screen shots later this morning.

bbrosius

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Elite feature Screenshots

I've attached screenshots of our elite widgets and some of the different ways you can configure the live wallpaper.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I wish it didn't depend on the lock screen to update. Beautiful Widgets update with or with out lock screen. Can this be cloned?

bbrosius

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: kicko
That's part of the live wallpaper, it's not really a widget it's an overlay that comes up over top of the screen. If you double click on the live wallpaper to bring up the controls and click on the icon with a thermometer and wind vane it will bring up that overlay. Bringing up the controls and clicking the same icon will close it.

Re: moosc
We're currently working on removing the lock screen limitation. I'm hopeful that it will be resolved in our next release.

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
thanks.. i forgot all about the live wallpapers.

What exactly updates upon an unlock? i thought WB would refresh only at set intervals?

Last edited:

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
If u disable the screen lock WB doesn't update. U have to open WB to get get it to update the location.
thanks.. i forgot all about the live wallpapers.

What exactly updates upon an unlock? i thought WB would refresh only at set intervals?