D1 - The trial period expired without warning. Swype beta is still closed and the phone feels crippled w/o it.

Dinc - SO "upgraded" to Incredible w/o verifying Swype is onboard and is now complaining bitterly.

Are there any options for installing Swype or is there a worthwhile alternative?

Any word on when the beta will reopen or go to market?
    09-20-2010 09:07 AM
    Go to the market and install SlideIt Demo.... It's a little different than Swype but it has voice to text support...
    tony bag o donuts likes this.
    09-20-2010 09:11 AM
    There's also Ultra Keyboard, which has the "trace" feature which is pretty much Swype. I never used Swype so I can't compare, but myself I sometimes have a bit of trouble with the algorithms for guessing the words. ie too often when I trace "get" I get suggestions like "Gerry".. But otherwise it'S pretty good, and impresses everyone who has never used an Android phone before when they see me type real quick.

Trial here: http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.bina...keyboard.trial

Full version also available for 2.79$.. not bad at all. Frequent updates, too, guy is very responsive to feedback (through his Facebook, and email too I assume)
    09-20-2010 09:37 AM
    Or try ShapeWriter. It isn't in the market anymore but you can find it only in search and the apk for it is to find online too.
    09-20-2010 09:50 AM