Flash Player Updated To 10.1.95.1

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I dont know why for me i just open the market app and my downloads and it showed an update was avail.

sent from Tapatalk

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't have this player installed on my Evo (2.2) yet I get full flash in my default browser as well as Dolphin HD.
Adobe's web site say I am running and have 10.1.72.7 installed.

What does this player offer and why do I need it if flash is already working?

Last edited:

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't have this player installed on my Evo (2.2) yet I get full flash in my default browser as well as Dolphin HD.

It's for a security fix:

http://www.androidcentral.com/adobe-patches-security-hole-flash-player-101-android

It's not showing up in the market for me either. I'm running a custom ROM that came with flash so I suspect that's why.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

That's what I've got.

You guys are running really old versions. The Evo got officially updated to 10.1.98.10 about a couple of wks ago. Which had performance boosts, and many bug fixes. Then they found a security hole which this new one has fixed. In order to get the update you must type in Flash Player in the market and download it over the old one. Recommend highly updating from that old version.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I tried that and nothing comes up in the market, and it shows an update available in appbrain but when I click install is says item cannot be found.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I know it is the player update, I was just wondering if it had any advantages besides the security fixes. It was just 5MB I was hoping not to have to use up... i:)i

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
If you got Android 2.2, just go to the Android market, hit the menu button, click on my downloads and select Adobe flash player, and then update. It updates like any other app.

I don't really know how this rooting thing works so I cant really help you there unfortunately.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I know it is the player update, I was just wondering if it had any advantages besides the security fixes. It was just 5MB I was hoping not to have to use up... i:)i

Security in my opinion is very important. I wouldn't rule out not updating a app just because it doesn't add more functionality or features. Unless your caped on bandwidth or its going to cost you money I would most certainly download the update just for the fixed hole and added security alone.

This would apply to any OS. Make sure you apply your window and macs or what ever you use every chance you get.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
No on the rooted, I did get now. I cleared the data on both my appbrain and market place through manage apps and now I have it installed.