Hi All,

Shameless plug for an app that I've been working on... It's called Ringleader. It is basically a ringtone manager that will let you manage all of your phone's ringtones via one ringtone manager screen. You can define multiple profiles and have different ringtones for each profile. I have also included a widget and a Tasker plugin on the Pro version. If you search the market for "Ringleader", you should be able to find it.

Let me know what you think!

-Andy
    09-21-2010 09:47 PM
    I see there have been quite a few downloads... Just curious what your first impressions are of this app? Please let me know so I can continue to improve it.

Thanks!

-Andy
    09-23-2010 12:47 PM
    The app seems to do everything I would need it to do--and it works great until I power-cycle my phone. After a power-cycle, the app force closes when switching profiles.

It seems to be related to the fact that some of my ringtones are on my SD card (downloaded using Zedge).

Any thoughts?

Droid X (2.2)
    10-13-2010 10:26 AM
    i installed the app,
    began customizing
    FC
    re-opened it,
    began customizing
    FC.
    this cycle goes on for about 4 more minutes.
    uninstalled.

good idea,
    but not ready for Evo with stock Froyo.
    nearly 7 FC's was reason enough to send in the error report.
    await the polished version.
    10-13-2010 01:29 PM
    The app seems to do everything I would need it to do--and it works great until I power-cycle my phone. After a power-cycle, the app force closes when switching profiles.

It seems to be related to the fact that some of my ringtones are on my SD card (downloaded using Zedge).

Any thoughts?

Droid X (2.2)
    Can you give the latest version a try (1.3.1)? I have made some bug fixes and numerous improvements.

If you are still receiving FC's, can you try running the "Clean MediaStore" option from within the Ringleader menu?

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

Thanks!

-Andy
    10-19-2010 02:05 PM
    I've downloaded the Free and Pro versions of 1.3.1

The failure rate for associating Ringleader with any of my contacts is 100%

Every attempt ends with a Sorry! The application Ringleader has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Force Close accomplishes nothing.

I'm using Droid X Android version 2.2 System version 2.3.15.MB810
    11-02-2010 10:36 AM
    I've downloaded the Free and Pro versions of 1.3.1

The failure rate for associating Ringleader with any of my contacts is 100%

Every attempt ends with a Sorry! The application Ringleader has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Force Close accomplishes nothing.

I'm using Droid X Android version 2.2 System version 2.3.15.MB810
    Sorry to hear you are having issues. I am running the same setup as you (Droid X / 2.2 / Multiple ringtone associations for contacts) so I think we can get this working. If you are receiving FC's every time, I would do the following:

1. Clear your Ringleader application data.
    2. Delete the 'RingLeader' folder from your SD card.
    3. Select the 'Clean MediaStore' option from the Ringleader menu.
    4. Reboot your phone
    5. At this point, you should be at a "clean slate".
    6. Now you will need to re-associate you ringtones.

Let me know if this gets you going.

Thanks!

-Andy
    11-03-2010 08:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD