Ringer only profile sort of app?

graymulligan

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Maybe I'm simply missing it in the app marketplace, but I'm looking for an application that will allow me to turn off my alerts for email and such, but still have the phone ring. And...that works with my MM cradle at night.

Anyone found such an app? Am I really just missing a simple solution?

MikeB

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I haven't checked out this one yet but it should allow you to do what you want: FoxyRing. It is by the Beautiful Widgets guy. Should be good stuff.

graymulligan

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
it looks like that one controls volume of alerts based on ambient noise levels, which is cool, but it doesn't allow for turning off all the alerts except the ringtone. Good find though, very cool app.

Ret.Lt-SA

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I use Night Ringer Pro ($). You can put your phone on silent and then allow select "emergency" contacts to get through. Works great!

lauranrenae

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I use Night Ringer Pro ($). You can put your phone on silent and then allow select "emergency" contacts to get through. Works great!

Where do you find this app? I've searched for "Night Ringer" on the android market and it results in no matches...is it labeled differently? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Ret.Lt-SA

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Where do you find this app? I've searched for "Night Ringer" on the android market and it results in no matches...is it labeled differently? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Search as one word (nightringer) and both the free and paid versions will pop up. For what you want to do you will probably need the paid version. Will not show up on a computer search of the market, you have to use your phone.

lauranrenae

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Search as one word (nightringer) and both the free and paid versions will pop up. For what you want to do you will probably need the paid version. Will not show up on a computer search of the market, you have to use your phone.

I've tried "nightringer" too, and still no matches. I'm doing the searches in Android Market from my Hero. I hope I find it eventually, profiles are the only thing I miss from my blackberry!

graymulligan

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
oddly, i didn't find it under nightringer, or night ringer. however, searching ringer worked. The reviews aren't great, but I think i'll try it anyway.

Ret.Lt-SA

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
oddly, i didn't find it under nightringer, or night ringer. however, searching ringer worked. The reviews aren't great, but I think i'll try it anyway.

Does exactly what I need it to do, and the developer responds to email almost immediatly. Even emailed me a fix at one point when the Droid first came out. I have a profile set so that the only calls and texts that get through are immediate family, everything else is silent. Great for when you go to bed but still want to get emergency calls. Some complain that you can't control the ring volume of the emergency contacts, they will come through at full volume.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I use bedside. It works with the droid cradle. You can have it be default instead of the other cradle mode. It automatically puts the phone into ringer only and silences the rest. Also the screen is dimmer than the default cradle screen.

graymulligan

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Hmm...just installed bedside, and it looks like it might be a winner. Looks like when its on, it only lets calls through, and mutes everything else. Havent had a chance to fully test it, but it looks like it'll do what I need. Nice find!

MikeB

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Hmm...just installed bedside, and it looks like it might be a winner. Looks like when its on, it only lets calls through, and mutes everything else. Havent had a chance to fully test it, but it looks like it'll do what I need. Nice find!

Sounds good but what about alarms? I use the dock and alarms to get up in the morning ..

MikeB

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
The alarm clock has its own volume setting which doesnt get silenced according to the developer. I'm ordering this!!

cjohnson481

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
try locale. allows you do change multiple settings based on different conditions. i have mine go to silent (except for important calls) between 10 pm - 530 am when i am geolocated at home.

i cant do a bunch of other things as well, many plugins in the market.

graymulligan

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Sounds good but what about alarms? I use the dock and alarms to get up in the morning ..

alarm still works...I'm not loving the screen visually, it just seems not as nice as the conventional media screen, but it works well.

Locale is okay, but you have to specify which calls will ring, and if there's an emergency, and a friend calls from the hospital phone, it's not going to ring. That sort of kills the idea of "letting emergency calls ring in".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo