I tried using Launcher Pro once before on my DX and wasn't impressed. The UI looked good but for the most part was sluggish and in some cases completely unresponsive. Anyway, I've recently upgraded to FroYo on my DX and decided to give LP another chance. I've downloaded LP and installed it (shows on the list of installed apps) but the stock DX launcher is still running and I cant find an icon for LP so I dont know how to start it. Did it not install correctly or am I missing something? Seems like no matter how much everyone talks up LP I cant win with it lol.
    09-23-2010 02:27 PM
    am running lp on my droid x and love it my phone is fast if I where you I would do a hard restart

the droid cave
    Iceman0803 likes this.
    09-23-2010 02:32 PM
    Download & install "ClearDefaultHome" from the market and press the "Home" button to activate LauncherPro as your default interface. I had to do that with my Droid Incredible for it to show up.
    Iceman0803 likes this.
    09-23-2010 02:36 PM
    am running lp on my droid x and love it my phone is fast if I where you I would do a hard restart

the droid cave
    Download & install "ClearDefaultHome" from the market and press the "Home" button to activate LauncherPro as your default interface. I had to do that with my Droid Incredible for it to show up.
    Thanks for the replies guys. A restart worked. I feel kinda stupid for not trying that the first time lol. Now to re organize my home screen apps and widgets
    09-23-2010 02:44 PM
    If you start having slugishness again go into the Advanced Settings and play around withe the Memory Usage. That helped a lot for me.
    09-23-2010 02:48 PM
    If you start having slugishness again go into the Advanced Settings and play around withe the Memory Usage. That helped a lot for me.
    So far so good this time around but thanks for the tip.
    09-23-2010 02:55 PM
    Home Switcher also works nicely for this.
    09-23-2010 03:27 PM
    I swear I cant win with LP!!! Everything seemed to be going well so I decided to pay for LPP so I could use some of the widgets. Unfortunately trying to add FB login credentials causes a force close of LP. Also long pressing widgets freezes the UI...fun...
    09-23-2010 03:28 PM
    Is it any widget that is doing that? When I long press a widget on my homescreen, it brings up the option to move/resize it and the only way to get out of that selection is to use the back button. Not sure if that's what you're referring to.

Can't speak for the force close, though
    09-23-2010 03:31 PM
    Home Switcher also works nicely for this.
    Home Switcher doesn't work with Froyo, but it is pretty nice for earlier versions.
    09-23-2010 03:35 PM
    I swear I cant win with LP!!! Everything seemed to be going well so I decided to pay for LPP so I could use some of the widgets. Unfortunately trying to add FB login credentials causes a force close of LP. Also long pressing widgets freezes the UI...fun...
    FB is having serious issues today it seems. Though, a program shouldn't crash if FB is unavailable for authorizing.
    09-23-2010 03:38 PM
    I figured out it's not the long press that does it, it's when a widget goes into resize mode (highlighted yellowish color). When that happens the UI freezes and I have to restart LP to fix it. I'm trying a full device restart now to see if that will help but I doubt it.

EDIT: When I say the UI freezes I guess the more appropriate statement would be that LP freezes as I can still access menus using the hardware keys below the screen.
    09-23-2010 03:38 PM
    Are you stuck in widget resizing mode? Have you tried hitting the back button on your phone to exit the resizing mode?
    09-23-2010 03:47 PM
    Are you stuck in widget resizing mode? Have you tried hitting the back button on your phone to exit the resizing mode?
    lol I was just going to post that. It turns out I was stuck in resizing mode and had to hit the back button to get out (which I figured out completely by accident). Is that by design (that you have to hit the back key) or a bug?

EDIT: BTW things seem to be smoothing out with LPP now. I was finally able to add my login info to the FB widget and no force close
    09-23-2010 04:30 PM
    It is by design. There was some sort of instructions on the website when resizing widgets became an option.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    09-24-2010 06:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD