HabitBull [Free][Lifestyle]

asphinx

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone!

A friend of mine and I just published a new app called HabitBull and we are really keen to get some feedback. It is free and while it may not be too unique as an idea, we want to make it the best in its area: habit tracking.

Currently it allows you to create habits and goals. Then you get a calendar on which you enter daily results and comments. The app calculates a streak, which is really something to tell you how consistent you are. The overall goal is to keep your streak going for as long as possible.

We have lots of ideas, but we'd like to hear more from anyone! We are really busy developing new stuff for it and there will be updates coming every few weeks adding lots of features, simplifying the app, making it more secure, explaining the features better, etc.

So yeah, please have a look :)

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.oristats.habitbull&token=YeAHGUZ1

HabitBull

Attachments

• HabitBull_Screenshot01.png
    HabitBull_Screenshot01.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 16
  • HabitBull_Screenshot02.png
    HabitBull_Screenshot02.png
    110.1 KB · Views: 16
  • HabitBull_Screenshot03.png
    HabitBull_Screenshot03.png
    116.5 KB · Views: 16
  • HabitBull_QRCode.png
    HabitBull_QRCode.png
    387 bytes · Views: 16

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for sharing. Looks like a good way to track habits, especially when it take minimum three weeks for one to set in.

asphinx

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback! So I am taking it that it is way too difficult to use, right? We are working on making it much much simpler by:
- Making the guide three screens only
- Describing in the guide what the calendar indicators mean
- Completely redesigning the habit creation/goal setting to make it on one, much simpler screen
- Redesigning the front screen to make it less cluttered and a little nicer in terms of how the calendar looks

The language we used in this initial version is not great..too technical..but it will get there.

Thanks again - the more we get reviews like this, the harder we work to get the app better!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I meant human nature it takes three weeks to have a habit set in. And that is if the habit is consistent. It can take longer if someone forgets. I am just observing that this can be helpful in setting new habits as quickly as possible.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

asphinx

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Ah. Sure :)

Yeah, apparently it may take more than 4 months to get rid of some habits..and on average around 2 months.. So consistency is definitely important :)

asphinx

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
A new update of the app yesterday added notifications and greatly simplified the way h habits get created and updated, together with a few other minor tweaks. Very busy now with building more features and feedback is really necessary if you have a little bit of time to spare.

Thank you.

Quasar

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey there. I'm using this app and gave some feedback through email the other day. I asked about notification sounds. I got a quick reply and access to all the features I think but I still have a question. How do I sync the app across my devices? I have it set up on my Nexus 5 but now I want to sync the information to my Nexus 10.

asphinx

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi Quasar,

You can manually sync by exporting the app data and then importing it. Since you can't use an sd card, you'd have to use a file manager app and copy over the database file which gets created. On my Nexus 5 it can be found at /mnt/shell/emulated/0/HabitBull - a file called database. If you copy it to the equivalent location on the other device you can import it. Faaar from ideal.. If your device supported an sd card it would be easier as you can simply move it from one device to another...

We are taking online sync, but it may take a little bit of time to get done..

I hope it is not a showstopper for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool