Album size and "shuffle"

Craig E Smith

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I loaded a directory into my Moto X of about 200 or so songs in a single directory, with the hope that I would then be able to select that directory as an album, and then shuffle all songs in that album.

But apparently, there is a maximum size for albums, as it divided up the songs into two albums, both with the same name.

And then there is shuffle, which is apparently not shuffle, since each time I played the album on shuffle it played it in exactly the same mixed up order. If Las Vegas Blackjack dealers shuffled their cards the same way Android shuffles songs, they would lose their shirts as people would know the exact order of the cards after only a few times.

So, how can I get my Moto X to play ALL the songs in the directory, and reshuffle each time it gets played?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which music app are you using--Google Play Music? I believe that relies on ID3 tags embedded in the track to determine what's in an album. If you want to make your own album based on a folder, I would try a folder-based player like MortPlayer or PowerAmp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance