Music App that plays m4a and has a windows program?

Ebircs

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 (running Jelly Bean I believe).

I've looked at a lot of forums that suggest various apps to play music, but I have 2 features I really want and I can't find an app to do them. Please let me know if you know any apps that:

1) Play m4a formatted music
(I buy a lot of CD's that have this format and I have a large collection of them that I'd rather not keep converting if possible)

2) Has a windows program where I can make playlists that will sync to my device
(making playlists on my phone is tiresome and since I have my music on my SD card which sometimes decides not to connect to my phone which often causes playlists to reset)

I have tried the following:
-DoubleTwist (doesn't work for the S4)
-MediaMonkey (doesn't play m4a)
-Winamp (free - the interface is so annoying - playlist sorting sucks, sometimes not recognizing my device - I don't know if the Pro version is worth it; also app doesn't play m4a and doesn't skip m4a tracks if it hits one - also prone to playlist wiping whenever I try to sync; and has glitchy CD-ripping)
-Samsung's music App (doesn't play m4a and doesn't skip tracks that it can't play - just stops playing)
-Google Play (doesn't have windows software and doesn't play some of my m4a songs)

If you have any suggestions, please let me know how much the app is. If it's free, I will dance a happy dance. Otherwise if you know a iTunes syncing app that works with the S4, let me know too!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
I like PowerAmp. I don't know if it had a Windows interface. It is not free, but there is a trial period of at least a week so no loss if it doesn't work out. And It does play all my types of audio formats. I have many that are mp4, and wav.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay