10-19-2010 10:36 PM
36 12
tools
    Installed and it WORKS! Thanks for making a printing app that works as advertised.

There are times... not many, but there are times, when I need a print out of something that I have on my phone and this is invaluable. Especially when trying to support computers and users all over the place. My phone is quicker and easier than my PC at times.
    BluePLanetMan likes this.
    09-27-2010 08:08 PM
    Well, I have two other printing applications, one for pictures and wifi only that I keep for grins but don't use - and one that can go thru the network and wifi and print everything except MS Office doc, xls, ppt/pps from the local external card - which is easibly solveable by uploading (a one time thing) said docs, xls, ppt/pps to Google Docs and print from there - althought it can print pdf directly from the local external card.

The UI is lacking compared to the other printing application that is basically the same - by that I mean the print is sent to a cloud server before it hits your local printer.

The file manager is lacking in some areas and is not informative enough - example; if you are going to print a picture, there is no thumbnail to show what you will be printing, you can't chose paper size, or paper quality - you have to know the file name which is pretty poor and a pain in the butt IMHO. I sometimes take a lot of pictures in a row and will not remember a specific file naming convention - it would simply be easier to print from a thumbnail.

It is ok for being able to print one thing from the external card, and that is a word doc, and worst yet is that it doesn't hold the xls format to print a 8.5x11 correctly if that is the format you set the print up for. You also have to print the whole doc. You can't print say page 3 only out of a 15 page doc. Maybe I couldn't find that function, as I have only played with it for a couple of hours from beginning to now - your trial is too short - even somewhere in your instructions, it says a 15 day trial - but a 3 day trial? Ouch!

This almost seems like a beta - I would keep it if it were free or "ad supported", but if you have to pay for it, my other printing program blows this away.

Sorry for being somewhat brutal, but it was said you wanted an unbiased opinion when you entered - I guess I am not gonna get a free one for my writeup - I started with good intentions :-(

This also was harder to setup and had FC's while setting it up - I would say install wasn't trouble free, installation instructions weren't the best, and you had to do a little digging to get it to work.

But what the heck, it is a start. Best of luck! (mouseglider)
    09-27-2010 09:07 PM
    I have downloaded this to my DoridX, and windows,tested credentials but it fails to install and to verify log-in...hard to test a product that you can's use. On top of that you have to set up the printer and email? Uninstalled...
    Hi SAVJR,

Can you send an email to newticket@blueplanetapps.com so we can troubleshoot this install for you. I have seen this problem in situations where their is no password being used. If that is the case, please set a password for windows, then reinstall the host and follow the install again. If not let us know exactly whats up so we can assist you.

As for the printer setup, we do have a way of detecting your printer on the local WiFi network once you have the host installed, so you don't actually have to set it up, unless you plan to print from the outside of your network. Their is a pretty extensive setup guide available in Start/programs/BluePlanetApps/RoboPrint that should help you setup everything.

Well let us know if you need further help.

-Jason
    09-28-2010 12:01 AM
    Well, I have two other printing applications, one for pictures and wifi only that I keep for grins but don't use - and one that can go thru the network and wifi and print everything except MS Office doc, xls, ppt/pps from the local external card - which is easibly solveable by uploading (a one time thing) said docs, xls, ppt/pps to Google Docs and print from there - althought it can print pdf directly from the local external card.

The UI is lacking compared to the other printing application that is basically the same - by that I mean the print is sent to a cloud server before it hits your local printer.

The file manager is lacking in some areas and is not informative enough - example; if you are going to print a picture, there is no thumbnail to show what you will be printing, you can't chose paper size, or paper quality - you have to know the file name which is pretty poor and a pain in the butt IMHO. I sometimes take a lot of pictures in a row and will not remember a specific file naming convention - it would simply be easier to print from a thumbnail.
    But what the heck, it is a start. Best of luck! (mouseglider)
    Mouse... I hear ya... its something we are working on, and your comments will definitely help make the product better. My plan is to streamline the installation and make it easier and simpler to use with each version as we add more features. Coming soon... eFax send and Receive...

Thanks,

Jason
    09-28-2010 12:06 AM
    Jason - eFax send and Receive would really be nice! Keep us posted!

(mouseglider)
    09-28-2010 10:03 AM
    Entered. Would love a copy, the trial works great.
    09-28-2010 09:21 PM
    Installed this on my Captivate and left a comment on Google Market. I was able to print different file types to include email. I was not able to print from a POP3 account and got a FC after three atempts to setup. Rebooted and setup IMAP account and it work like a charm. Only print to default printer and PC must be on.. Installed at office with admin rights but after logging back in with regular account, app would not run
    09-28-2010 10:11 PM
    I've done this! Very useful.
    09-29-2010 11:04 AM
    I just want you all to know that we updated the App Market with new versions of roboPrint and also a paid version. So now the trial is clearly marked and you can also download the paid version. If you have any issues updating an already paid version just contact us at newticket@blueplanetapps.com and we will fix it for you. The App Market was actually a big mess trying to add a paid version. Hope everyone like this. If you have already posted a comment, please do so again as the comments are all gone.

Thanks,

Jason
    Blue Planet Apps.
    09-29-2010 05:53 PM
    The contest has ended. Stay tuned for a list of winners!
    10-03-2010 06:24 PM
    My apologies for not announcing the winners sooner. Congratulations to:

• MWH811
    • Tohsh
    • Kilted Thrower
    • adbnach
    • grayzweb
    • mblack75
    • mouseglider
    • datastar
    • djspray
    • demo

Please send me a PM for information on how to redeem your free copy.

Cory
    10-19-2010 10:36 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD