who has a good podcast/audiobook app

hossberry

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
i had the bb storm and loved the podtrapper app
but since switching to the droid two weeks ago i haven't found a app that can keep track of my pod casts and download and play audio books
does anyone have an answer:rolleyes:

mc48

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
I just got the droid eris and have been using the app Listen for podcasts. It works very well in my opinion.

Ripjames

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Is there an app I can use to get podcasts from itunes directly to my phone or do o have to download gb yoy computer first

jor-el

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I use acast. I have to use google reader and it then updates OTA from there. I listen to alot of podcasts and this has been my fav app so far. Goodbye itunes, hello acast.

rickt1152

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
i had the bb storm and loved the podtrapper app
but since switching to the droid two weeks ago i haven't found a app that can keep track of my pod casts and download and play audio books
does anyone have an answer:rolleyes:

Big Hoss,

I also use PodTrapper on my Storm and if you find a reasonable replacement for the Droid, please post your results. It is one of the things about the Storm that I hate to give up.

Ripjames

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I can't seem to gong Google. Reader on the market. I flung Google news reader buy not one for podcsstd. Does a sat download itunes podcasts?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
I can't seem to gong Google. Reader on the market. I flung Google news reader buy not one for podcsstd. Does a sat download itunes podcasts?

it's a web app, there's nothing in the market, just use your web browser

let me guess, you used your phone to write that post ;)

i've gotten pretty good at finding words people meant to write by looking at what keys are next to the ones they used :)

also, google listen is their podcast app, and that's on the market

siliconeagle

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
MyPOD works well for audio books - keeps track of the position listened and the skip buttons are configurable id the file length is too long to manage with a normal slider.

jdougal

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I'm trying Listen by Google right now. One thing I don't understand is how to keep up with my podcasts as they come out. I've hit the subscribe feature but it doesn't seem to pull down or notify me when they're released. Anyone else have this issue.

boomhower1820

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm trying Listen by Google right now. One thing I don't understand is how to keep up with my podcasts as they come out. I've hit the subscribe feature but it doesn't seem to pull down or notify me when they're released. Anyone else have this issue.

It didn't seem to work that well for me either. That is the primary reason I switched to beyondpod. It isn't free but you get what you pay for, it really is worth it.

jdougal

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I only really listen to Twit so I don't see it being worth it to buy an app. Hopefully Google will improve Listen or I'll find a decent replacement.

jalb

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I only really listen to Twit so I don't see it being worth it to buy an app. Hopefully Google will improve Listen or I'll find a decent replacement.

I think you can get Twit on Stitcher, which is available in the marketplace and has notifications.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34