i had the bb storm and loved the podtrapper app
    but since switching to the droid two weeks ago i haven't found a app that can keep track of my pod casts and download and play audio books
    does anyone have an answer:rolleyes:
    12-04-2009 10:21 AM
    Welcome to the forums! We have a specific forum for application questions.

8notime
    12-04-2009 10:24 AM
    I just got the droid eris and have been using the app Listen for podcasts. It works very well in my opinion.
    12-04-2009 12:42 PM
    I just got the droid eris and have been using the app Listen for podcasts. It works very well in my opinion.

x2 on Listen - there is only one podcast i listen to and it's on there.
    12-04-2009 02:31 PM
    Is there an app I can use to get podcasts from itunes directly to my phone or do o have to download gb yoy computer first
    12-04-2009 04:16 PM
    I use acast. I have to use google reader and it then updates OTA from there. I listen to alot of podcasts and this has been my fav app so far. Goodbye itunes, hello acast.
    12-04-2009 05:16 PM
    i had the bb storm and loved the podtrapper app
    but since switching to the droid two weeks ago i haven't found a app that can keep track of my pod casts and download and play audio books
    does anyone have an answer:rolleyes:
    Big Hoss,

I also use PodTrapper on my Storm and if you find a reasonable replacement for the Droid, please post your results. It is one of the things about the Storm that I hate to give up.
    12-05-2009 10:12 AM
    I can't seem to gong Google. Reader on the market. I flung Google news reader buy not one for podcsstd. Does a sat download itunes podcasts?
    12-05-2009 11:33 AM
    I use Google Listen for podcasts. Acast is a nice alternative. I also use Newsrob for my reader.
    12-05-2009 02:43 PM
    I can't seem to gong Google. Reader on the market. I flung Google news reader buy not one for podcsstd. Does a sat download itunes podcasts?
    it's a web app, there's nothing in the market, just use your web browser

let me guess, you used your phone to write that post

i've gotten pretty good at finding words people meant to write by looking at what keys are next to the ones they used

also, google listen is their podcast app, and that's on the market
    12-05-2009 02:57 PM
    MyPOD works well for audio books - keeps track of the position listened and the skip buttons are configurable id the file length is too long to manage with a normal slider.
    12-29-2009 08:38 AM
    BeyondPod is good for podcasts but i really want auidable to put out an app
    12-29-2009 08:58 AM
    I'm trying Listen by Google right now. One thing I don't understand is how to keep up with my podcasts as they come out. I've hit the subscribe feature but it doesn't seem to pull down or notify me when they're released. Anyone else have this issue.
    12-29-2009 09:04 AM
    I'm trying Listen by Google right now. One thing I don't understand is how to keep up with my podcasts as they come out. I've hit the subscribe feature but it doesn't seem to pull down or notify me when they're released. Anyone else have this issue.
    It didn't seem to work that well for me either. That is the primary reason I switched to beyondpod. It isn't free but you get what you pay for, it really is worth it.
    12-29-2009 10:08 AM
    I only really listen to Twit so I don't see it being worth it to buy an app. Hopefully Google will improve Listen or I'll find a decent replacement.
    12-29-2009 10:28 AM
    06-27-2012 09:59 AM
    I only really listen to Twit so I don't see it being worth it to buy an app. Hopefully Google will improve Listen or I'll find a decent replacement.
    I think you can get Twit on Stitcher, which is available in the marketplace and has notifications.
    06-27-2012 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD