Is better Google Drive integration on Android coming?

Niklas W

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
There is one feature I really miss on my Android phone; the ability to out-of-the-box (without the need of a third-party app) have my Downloads folder on the phone synced with Google Drive. Since I own a Chromebook, it's really great to have a merged Downloads folder, and today I accomplish this with the Android app called FolderSync.

I noticed today, in the 'Google Settings' app (which is created by Google Play Services) a new section called 'Drive apps' which must have showed up today or yesterday. It contains one option; whether uploads and updating of files should be done entirely over Wi-Fi or not.... what updating of files I'm curious about? This option does NOT correspond to a similar option within the Drive app which is odd.

So what do you guys think, is it happening now? I really hope so. Have you noticed anything?
I think that lonely Drive option is misplaced in that place, so perhaps more things will happen in the coming days, perhaps when the Drive app is updated the next time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12