Android Central App (By Notice Software)

anotherxyz

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
All I do is flick scroll over the ad and it opens up, and the lack of the ability to post comments on news articles is kinda disappointing. Please fix those things and I will be in love with this app

PreJason

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
suggestion

First... I like having the android central news at hand. So "Thank You" to those responsible for putting all of this together. In a future update I'd like to see the ability to post and review comments. Possibly adding a "comments" button next to the "back" and "share" buttons... Cheers: :)

mwright30

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm on 1.5 w/cliq xt. i can download it but it will not open. Force closes every time i try to open it. Widget will dock on homescreen but is stuck on "Loading....".

NoticeSoftware

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
We just released a new update that fixes the crash for 1.5 users. We were referencing a constant for c2dm that isn't available in 1.5.

I think I also figured out how the Android Market is using their "What's new for this release?" field. It's not intuitive.

bburkhar

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Android Central App not alerting

Since upgrading to the new app I am not getting alerts even though it is enabled also the widget is not updating. Any thoughts?

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
AC App not refreshing

The last few day the AC app hasn't been loading the most recent stories. For example, right now (after hitting refresh), the most recent story on the app is the Continuum review, while there have been several stories on the site since then (the Torch with Android is the current most recent). Is anyone else seeing this?

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Android Central app, suggestions

Suggestions for the Android Central app:

Forum Support(embed Tapatalk or something? Phandroid app has forum support)
Better widget, tired of the thing not refreshing itself, it just stays on one article
Commenting support? I was shocked that the app just acts like an embed browser
Smoother tabs? It seems the tabs just take you to another page or something, when I tap on one, then hit back... it just goes back to home screen.
Fix the back and forth keys, they don't work

I think that is all, the app is really just a way to grab links then you interact with the article just like in the browser.... It's also relatively slower than the browser(when you load m.androidcentral.com).

zero3187

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to see the article list not automatically go to the beginning of the list every time I go back to it. I tend to read an article then go back to the list and if I haven't read anything in a while I end up with a lot to read and having to scroll all the way down constantly and loading more of the list is really annoying. To be honest I usually prefer the mobile site because it gives me less issues.

rpankoe

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I have this happen as well and eventually get them a few hours later. I also notice that often I'll get DUPLICATE notifications. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but no luck on fixing it.

Sambo41

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Force closes on Galaxy Tab 10.1

The AC app force closes on my Galaxy Tab 10.1 very often. I just re-open it again and it works for a while.

I really like the app and it works very well on my EVO 3D.

rpankoe

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
How do I get directly to the AC forums via the app? Doesn't appear to be a way.

Nope, I haven't found a way to see comments either.. just the articles. Also, when I share articles from my Epic 4G, it doesn't work. It sends the title, but no link into the email.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463