Battery Pull App...

crazymike

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

Is there an app that simulates a battery pull? I know blackberry has one, but wondering if it exists on android. Thanks.

Mike

crazymike

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I didnt ask if it is necessary. The questions was: Is there one? My text messages stopped coming and if I pulled the battery out it fized it. Did this twice now. However, I have a hard case on and taking it off to pull the battery sucks.

R

Roy Aguilera

Have you tried powering the device off and turning it back on? That should not be happening. Check the message setting.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
that and turning it off and on is the same thing as a battery pull on these phones, it's not a blackberry, if you power down, it will actually power down.

crazymike

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Sprint had me do a battery pull when I called tech support. I guess if I have issues again ill try powering off. Hopefully I won't have issues anymore and it won't matter. Thanks guys.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Quickpull type apps on the Blackberry simulate a series of key presses that allow anyone to reboot the phone. Android phones are more secure in this area. An application has to have correct permissions to reboot the phone. If you press and hold the power off/end call button for 3 seconds and release you can shut it down, because the application that runs when that's done has superuser permissions.

There are several apps that will call the shut down reboot script

Code:
su shutdown -h now
or
su reboot -h now

but a third party is not allowed permission elevation, so they do nothing unless you have the phone rooted and they are on the su whitelist.

You have 2 options - use the power off button, or root your phone. If you have no other need for superuser permission, just use the power button method.

Sorry for the wall of text. I just figured instead of the generic answer, I'd try to explain a bit why things are done the way they are.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
LOL. That's exactly what i was afraid of.

Sometimes I forget that not everyone wants to know the why and how, so I try to moderate myself a bit. I don't wanna be 'that guy', you know what I mean?

On the plus side, I don't get offended. Just tell me STFU and I usually do :)

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i usually like to know the why and how, as it helps see the logic behind stuff, and i'm a pretty logical guy, so i doubt you'll get a stfu from me :p

R

Roy Aguilera

Well since you wont say it, I will.

I had no clue how it worked.:D

TheChaps322

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
You def shouldnt STFU cause that information is exactly why i like coming here to read these posts... Your knowledge on this phone/OS is what i like to read... So please by all means spit it out and be that guy all you want

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc